2024 Silverado ZR2

Everthing is an upcharge with GM. The question is, will it be worth it.

They have to charge $1500 more for the 6.2L now to fix all the motors that are getting smoked.

We paid extra for this whiz bang infotainment system and technology package and half of them don't work.

That's why you have to get at least $5 to 7k under MSRP just to make up for all the low quality shit they produce.

They have to charge $1500 more for the 6.2L now to fix all the motors that are getting smoked.

We paid extra for this whiz bang infotainment system and technology package and half of them don't work.

That's why you have to get at least $5 to 7k under MSRP just to make up for all the low quality shit they produce.
Oh boy. :LOL:

The diesel has ALWAYS been cheaper than the 6.2L on Silverado. GM making the diesel available means that they were going to do one of two things. Make it standard equipment and charge a premium for the 6.2L(as it is currently) or keep the 6.2L as standard and the diesel would be a $1,500 credit.

My past experience for the Duramax was for the HD. It's always been a +$10k for the Duramax motor and Allison transmission.

I bought my first Duramax diesel about 20 years ago. Diesel was a little cheaper than gas at the time, but shortly after it was higher and hasn't been lower since. I operate out of AZ and ND and diesel is priced high in both places with slightly better pricing in ND.

Diesel won't get cheaper anytime soon so long as the economy doesn't crash. We have limited refining capacity and much of that goes for gassers and aviation fuel. Diesel is cheaper to refine, but less demand so refiners shift production to other fuels. There hasn't been new refineries built in US for decades with the exception of ethanol (corn) and some small topping refineries in ND that do 20k bbls day.

It won't get better until we do something about it and there's no incentive to do anything about it. Politicians and Wall Street love high prices, cause it keeps everyone working for them and under control.

@GearheadSS - are you getting any level of insight into delivery timeframes? Wasn’t sure if things were getting back to “normal” or if they’re still completely all over the board.

Reactions: AXE
Nice! So, I have been vindicated and the 3.0 Diesel will actually save me $1500. I'll wait until Christmas and then look to pull the trigger. Maybe my infotainment system will update by then ;)

Honestly I’m surprised the 4 banger isn’t the standard motor. With up charges for both the 3.0 and 6.2

It is just bonkers to me how much the price of this truck keeps going up and up.

Nice! So, I have been vindicated and the 3.0 Diesel will actually save me $1500. I'll wait until Christmas and then look to pull the trigger. Maybe my infotainment system will update by then ;)
Shoot it by the dealer and have them flash it. I will tell you the latest release of the software is much much better then the original version back in May of 22

Shoot it by the dealer and have them flash it. I will tell you the latest release of the software is much much better then the original version back in May of 22
They already did and I have October OS and not May. That is not fixing the auto OTA update feature.

They already did and I have October OS and not May. That is not fixing the auto OTA update feature.
The kernel version (what you see in about) is much different then the actual software the truck uses. That’s just the “backend” the current software is built on. It’s carried over mainly for stability reasons as GM injects a theme if you will over the android code.

I was referring to when I took delivery. May of 2022.

I’ll have to dig out my workorder. The software “versions” are much less cryptic on the invoice. I will say the latest (as of about 2 weeks ago) is a different experience from when I bought the truck.

It was absolutely abysmal on day 1.

The kernel version (what you see in about) is much different then the actual software the truck uses. That’s just the “backend” the current software is built on. It’s carried over mainly for stability reasons as GM injects a theme if you will over the android code.

I was referring to when I took delivery. May of 2022.

I’ll have to dig out my workorder. The software “versions” are much less cryptic on the invoice. I will say the latest (as of about 2 weeks ago) is a different experience from when I bought the truck.

It was absolutely abysmal on day 1.
I'll take whatever you got my friend. Send me the Service Order.

I'll take whatever you got my friend. Send me the Service Order.
V.167 is latest as of 5/25/23

Taken to dealer for a long winded story regarding another anomaly they couldn’t fix with radio and handed me the TSB and said good luck. GM wouldn't replace the radio for the second time.

Managed to fix it myself with the TSB in the parking lot but I’ll make a separate thread for that for people who run into the same problem.

166.42 was the software on the radio that was replaced under warranty previously and not accurate to the original software version. But v.167 seems to be the least shitty as of yet.

It is absolutely ridiculous that GM doesn’t push updates like ford to a website like (syncmyride) allowing the end user to flash the radios with USB drives. This has been going on since Sync 1.0 way back in 2010.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Taken to dealer for a long winded story regarding another anomaly they couldn’t fix with radio and handed me the TSB and said good luck. GM wouldn't replace the radio for the second time.

Managed to fix it myself with the TSB in the parking lot but I’ll make a separate thread for that for people who run into the same problem.

166.42 was the software on the radio that was replaced under warranty previously and not accurate to the original software version. But v.167 seems to be the least shitty as of yet.

It is absolutely ridiculous that GM doesn’t push updates like ford to a website like (syncmyride) allowing the end user to flash the radios with USB drives. This has been going on since Sync 1.0 way back in 2010.
Can we get that TSB?

Where are you finding these version numbers?

well said!!

I was referring to US being able to find that somewhere in the infotainment system somewhere so we can see it ourselves.
I don’t think you can physically see the software version number on the end user side. Not anyplace I’ve ever seen inside the system.

Most Member Reactions

Back