2024 Silverado ZR2

I believe that, too, is coming our way...just nothing confirmed.
I've heard some rumblings too. This ZR2 Multimatic DSSV suspension is so fucking good, it would make that Duramax 2500HD something to behold. I'm running Cognito lift with Fox shocks on mine it it is best lifted ride I've had, but a far cry from this ZR2. I had the original ZR2 package on a 1997 S10 and it was pretty damn good for the time.

My neighbor had the baby Duramax and he loved it. My buddy has an F150 diesel and he loves it too. I think they are good trucks, just not what I'm after.

I've heard some rumblings too. This ZR2 Multimatic DSSV suspension is so fucking good, it would make that Duramax 2500HD something to behold. I'm running Cognito lift with Fox shocks on mine it it is best lifted ride I've had, but a far cry from this ZR2. I had the original ZR2 package on a 1997 S10 and it was pretty damn good for the time.

My neighbor had the baby Duramax and he loved it. My buddy has an F150 diesel and he loves it too. I think they are good trucks, just not what I'm after.
Yes.... the 6.6 D Max is the way to go. I've had a couple Cummins and they were awesome. I'm a big fan of the D Max. Banks has everything a person needs to monitor it.

The little diesels are great. But they are 9 second to 60 trucks. Effectively a 5.3. Losing all of the horsepower the 6.2 has will completely change the driving experience.

There's definitely an HD ZR2 coming, question is if it'll be available with the diesel. My guess is yes especially since they're adding the diesel to the 1500.

Yep, a Duramax with a Allison trans. I'll trade my ZR2 for the upgrade for sure. Since mine is paid for and only 1,000 mi on it. I may get $5 for it in a trade in. Guess I will have to get me a for sale sign.

Reactions: AXE
Yep, a Duramax with a Allison trans. I'll trade my ZR2 for the upgrade for sure. Since mine is paid for and only 1,000 mi on it. I may get $5 for it in a trade in. Guess I will have to get me a for sale sign.
List it on BAT.

Not sure if Diesel engine may bring same old limitation to add bumper with winch support.

Don't think this will be issue for majority who don't use ZR2 for off-roading or don't feel the need of it.

But having a recovery tool like winch can be helpful any time.

Not sure if Diesel engine may bring same old limitation to add bumper with winch support.

Don't think this will be issue for majority who don't use ZR2 for off-roading or don't feel the need of it.

But having a recovery tool like winch can be helpful any time.
Why would it...curious?

The new 2024 Silverado 2500 HD looks a little too much like the 1500. I was hoping for a beefy looking front clip and a little more HP. My current Duramax rollls 525 hp and front bumper looks like a Pete, so 470 hp doesn't get me real excited. Still very nice looking rigs.

I may have to wait for the 2027 refresh......I hope my ZR2otor has the same motivation........LOL.

1680298905605.png

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back