2024 Silverado ZR2

The new 2024 Silverado 2500 HD looks a little too much like the 1500. I was hoping for a beefy looking front clip and a little more HP and front bumper looks like a Pete. My current Duramax rollls 525 hp, so 470 hp doesn't get me real excited. Still very nice looking rigs.

I may have to wait for the 2027 refresh......I hope my ZR2otor has the same motivation........LOL.

Chevy has not seemed real interested to get in the diesel HP race, just like on their trucks. Too bad! It's fun to see the big three upping the power every year. A lot of people around here love the Super Duty Ford because they always raise the power just enough to be on top. Plus it's a fine looking truck. I would keep your D Max too!!

Reactions: AXE
Yeah, that's still my favorite truck and it's in great shape with low miles. Right now one of my boys is driving it to work and he thinks he's running with the big dogs. We sold his Tacoma cause it was getting a little tired and he wanted something bigger. I may end up giving/selling it to him. He's already dropping hints......LOL.......that's a lot of truck for a 20 year old with too much testosterone. I got in it the other day and he had my race tune installed.....he got an earful......he's a good kid though!

Yeah, that's still my favorite truck and it's in great shape with low miles. Right now one of my boys is driving it to work and he thinks he's running with the big dogs. We sold his Tacoma cause it was getting a little tired and he wanted something bigger. I may end up giving/selling it to him. He's already dropping hints......LOL.......that's a lot of truck for a 20 year old with too much testosterone. I got in it the other day and he had my race tune installed.....he got an earful......he's a good kid though!
I can imagine! That's a ton of torque. I imagine you can roast the tires until you let off in 2 high? I've owned a couple of Cummins & they are fun going over the mountains. Left lane all the way and diesels thrive on it.

My Dad and I run Rams for our business and they are great trucks. Power in the Cummins is more linear and engine braking is better. I think for work we do they are a little better option.

I've always run Chevys since I bought my first truck and they've been very good to me. Only other one I'd drive is an International Harvester (IH), which is what I learned to drive......LOL.

After thinking of a Duramax, If GM does install the Big Max from a 2500 that will bring the Allison Trans with it. I have to wonder how many computer changes will need to be done to install the Allison trans in place of the 10 speed

After thinking of a Duramax, If GM does install the Big Max from a 2500 that will bring the Allison Trans with it. I have to wonder how many computer changes will need to be done to install the Allison trans in place of the 10 speed
Why would it matter...Curious?

Just to be clear, they are not going to put the 6.6 Duramax in a 1500. For the 2500 ZR2, it will have the Allison. All 2500/3500 for 2024 get the Allison, regardless of engine choice.

Allison is damn near infallible, hard not want one!
If the price is "reasonable", an HD ZR2 might very well be my next truck. If not, the ZR2 baby Diesel is my next choice. We'll see what the economies doing and what dealers decide to do with the pricing of these trucks.

The Media Launch for the HD ZR2 looks like Mid-April, and there is a schedule for it to be on the 13th as well. Production is slated to start in August… we should be seeing 2024’s in person in the next month or so as well. They basically took the GMC and flipped the headlights. It will be nice to have the new informant and media display in the HD’s either way!

I ordered our first 2024 1500 ZR2 with the 3.0 Duramax last week. Can't wait for folks to start getting these and reporting what kind of mileage it gets.
Looks like the higher cost of Diesel Duramax may end up same as the extra cost of the gasoline engine mileage difference.

Do you know that for a fact? I thought the Duramax was going to be a no-cost option or a very minimal expense? I may be wrong.
Based on the YT and articles I read, when news was released, I don't think it is a low cost option. But, who know s, it may just be speculation. Lets hear from GearheadSS with 1st hand information.

Based on the YT and articles I read, when news was released, I don't think it is a low cost option. But, who know s, it may just be speculation. Lets hear from GearheadSS with 1st hand information.
They're likely to be more expensive because of economies of scale. If they are producing less baby Duramax motors, they are gonna cost more since they can squeeze vendors as much. I don't thinkit will be substantial but could easily see +$1500.

Looks like the higher cost of Diesel Duramax may end up same as the extra cost of the gasoline engine mileage difference.
What do you mean? The 3.0L Diesel is a no cost option. The 6.2L is now a $1,500 option on ZR2 for 2024. Diesel is cheaper than premium unleaded here in North Texas.
ZR230.jpg

What do you mean? The 3.0L Diesel is a no cost option. The 6.2L is now a $1,500 option on ZR2 for 2024. Diesel is cheaper than premium unleaded here in North Texas.View attachment 5843
Just to confirm, the 3.0 lzo duramax comes “standard” and 6.2 is $1500 up charge in the 1500 ZR2? That’s how I’m reading this, if so, makes it pretty interesting.

Most Member Reactions

Back