2025 Ram 1500 First Drive: No More Hemi

For me the TRX was the ultimate truck! Then with a lot of research, cost markups, insurance, and feeding that beast on road trips a couple times a year, I chickened out! I would have picked up a cheap 2nd car for mileage. I've spent most of my life having a garage queen hot rod or truck. It seems like there is always a reason to not drive it and I would end up paying more insurance on a vehicle that's just a toy. My friends still do it and end up driving their commuter cars all the time. I own one vehicle and drive it everyday and try to avoid the toys. Luckily every 4 or 5 years I just get a new one. I admit having another muscle car is tempting, but at fifteen to twenty times the original cost, not so much. Even a barebones Duster, 340 CI ,restored is 70 K.
By the time you buy a TRX and a boring commuter car, you could have a ZR2 and a low mileage C7 Vette that gets 25-30 mpg.

By the time you buy a TRX and a boring commuter car, you could have a ZR2 and a low mileage C7 Vette that gets 25-30 mpg.
Yes, I thought of that too. Especially when some dealers were asking more for a year old TRX than you could get a new one for.

There was always the Camaro & Challenger too.

Most Member Reactions

Back