23 ZR2 New Owner

murderedZR2

Reaction score
Well, owning after three Fords; an 02 Mustang GT, an 08 F150 STX, and a 14 F150 XLT, I bought a 2023 ZR2 about three weeks ago and am thrilled with the decision. When I started my truck shopping journey I checked the options on the new Silverado, F150, and Tundra. Being a firm believer that a truck should be powered by a V8 and working in the automotive collision repair industry allowed me to see the “guys” of these trucks. I knew the Silverado offered the best options and overall package for what I was after. Originally looking at an LT Trail Boss, I test drove a ZR2 and was hooked.

I have some minor mods coming in the next month. These include Rough Country 1 1/2” level kit and upper control arms, Fuel Shock matte black 18x9 wheels with -12 offset, Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT 295/70R18s, Borla S-Type exhaust, and all black badges. I will post pictures of everything once it’s all done.

I’m excited to be here and see what others think about the ZR2. To me is the perfect combination of a comfortable ride to be a daily driver with solid off road capabilities.

Attachments

• 71340685956__00BB65C5-0889-4061-A750-318012DE0AA7.jpeg
    71340685956__00BB65C5-0889-4061-A750-318012DE0AA7.jpeg
    469.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6497.jpeg
    IMG_6497.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 44
Congratulations! These are really fun trucks to drive with the power and suspension. Those mods will have you set up right.

If you want a much more affordable exhaust system that is easy to install and sounds great, check out the Magnaflow system. It's only $528 from Hottexhaust.com. I have a detailed post and a bunch of sound clips if you want to hear it.

Congrats! I was similar. I looked at everything. Feel the same about a v8. It's cool they can eek out so much power out of those smaller dual turbo engines, or even the 4 bangers. But for a truck doing truck stuff often. I'm just not a fan. I pulled a 37' bumper pull camper with a slide out yesterday with my Zr2.. Little over an hour drive from TN to north AL. 6.2 did well and I didn't feel like I was taxing it.

I considered a TB and a AT4 also. After pricing them out and really comparing them. ZR2 just made sense. Was basically the same price as a similar spec AT4, but with more options. Was only about 3,500 more than a similar TB, but with way more options. Just the shocks and lockers seemed worth it. Not to mention the air cooled seats, camera mirror, HUD, ect.

Well, owning after three Fords; an 02 Mustang GT, an 08 F150 STX, and a 14 F150 XLT, I bought a 2023 ZR2 about three weeks ago and am thrilled with the decision. When I started my truck shopping journey I checked the options on the new Silverado, F150, and Tundra. Being a firm believer that a truck should be powered by a V8 and working in the automotive collision repair industry allowed me to see the “guys” of these trucks. I knew the Silverado offered the best options and overall package for what I was after. Originally looking at an LT Trail Boss, I test drove a ZR2 and was hooked.

I have some minor mods coming in the next month. These include Rough Country 1 1/2” level kit and upper control arms, Fuel Shock matte black 18x9 wheels with -12 offset, Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT 295/70R18s, Borla S-Type exhaust, and all black badges. I will post pictures of everything once it’s all done.

I’m excited to be here and see what others think about the ZR2. To me is the perfect combination of a comfortable ride to be a daily driver with solid off road capabilities.
nice rig..good luck on mods. great info on exhaust and rims/tires. welcome!!!

Thank you all. I’m excited to just drive the truck. Looking forward to how the mods look/sound when they’re installed. Appreciate the info on the magnaflow exhaust. It does sound good but I’m hooked on the Borla sound and not worried about the price. Thanks again all. Looking forward to sharing thoughts, ideas, and experiences with everyone.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back