3 Front Grille LEDs (pre-runner/raptor style)

Well, I did it! I figured it out. Getting the grille off was trickier than expected. The grille is different than the regular Silverado grille and connects at different points. But here’s the final install. These are Oracle Prerunner light kit. I bought the three year warranty on them as a precaution but the build quality seems great. Used 3M emblem tape to attach though I could have used small zip ties (provided with the kit). Spent the most time getting the darn grille off! Overall spent about 2 hours start to finish.
6AF73FC5-C0EB-40F1-BB0C-3C6E4F2B9F40.jpeg

Got a day time pic with the lights.

Those look good. I hadn’t run across those when I was looking. My setup came with 3 lights per harness as well. So I could add two more light but that felt like it might be too much. I might add one to the middle. Odd number feels better aesthetically but it involved drilling to mount where I did.

If you haven’t taken the grille off yet, i recorder a video and will post it.
Thanks, I have not taken it off yet.
I did look over what it might take to remove it.
But a video to watch would be great. I appreciate the info.

Thanks, I have not taken it off yet.
I did look over what it might take to remove it.
But a video to watch would be great. I appreciate the info.
Hope this helps, but let me know if there are any questions. I am going to open her up again to tweak a thing or two and can grab additional shots if needed. Removing The Front Grille

I just wanted to say thanks Blu Guy for taking the time to show how to remove the grill. Yes, it is a little tricky the first time. But once you know where the clips are it would be easy next time. I put my grill lights in a different location, just a row lower and had to do some serious modifying to the grill so it would accept them. Being from the custom paint and body biz in my past it wasn't too scary. I think they look cool and will put everything back together today then off to install my kicker sub inside and a light bar in the lower back tailgate area.

Attachments

• IMG_9485.jpeg
    IMG_9485.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_9484.jpeg
    IMG_9484.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_9483.jpeg
    IMG_9483.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 130
I just wanted to say thanks Blu Guy for taking the time to show how to remove the grill. Yes, it is a little tricky the first time. But once you know where the clips are it would be easy next time. I put my grill lights in a different location, just a row lower and had to do some serious modifying to the grill so it would accept them. Being from the custom paint and body biz in my past it wasn't too scary. I think they look cool and will put everything back together today then off to install my kicker sub inside and a light bar in the lower back tailgate area.
That's a lot of lights...sometimes less is more.

Last edited:
I am so glad it was helpful! Your lights look great. How are they connected for power?

I am so glad it was helpful! Your lights look great. How are they connected for power?
I did all the set up with installing the lights and wiring in the grill myself. I had the dealership connect them to the fuse box since I could find a solid answer from anyone where to jump them into.
Here is a photo of where they plug in (red wire) they will run only while the time the truck is running (day or night). The same day I had the dealership install the Putco light bar on the back lower tailgate area and the Kicker sub woofer inside to boost up the Bose stereo. I'm happy with how all the results came out with lights and sound. Thanks again for the help with the grill removal.

Attachments

• tempImageWw0qQJ.png
    tempImageWw0qQJ.png
    951 KB · Views: 82
I would like to do the same. The biggest issue of all is not the electrical connection part, but how to attach the lights to the grill.
Well, I did this mod, I think it looks good! It looks very stock as well, I've actually had people ask me what package I bought to get the marker lights. It's actually the high quality Led light strip from AVS. I just used the light bar and threw out the hood wind deflector. I had to drill one small hole to get the wiring inside, but unless you inspect it super closely, it looks stock.
20230102_160328.jpg
20230102_160328.jpg

Most Member Reactions

Back