3 Front Grille LEDs (pre-runner/raptor style)

BluGuy

Reaction score
Would like to mount three LEDs behind the grille (pre-runner/raptor style). Not looking for a while light bar, but three individual light units. Found a few on Amazon with so so reviews. Found a set from Oracle (https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...re-runner-style-led-grill-light-kit-new-style) though not sure they will fit.

Curious if anyone has done something similar or has any input on if this would/wouldn’t work without much tinkering.
Thanks!

Would like to mount three LEDs behind the grille (pre-runner/raptor style). Not looking for a while light bar, but three individual light units. Found a few on Amazon with so so reviews. Found a set from Oracle (https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...re-runner-style-led-grill-light-kit-new-style) though not sure they will fit.

Curious if anyone has done something similar or has any input on if this would/wouldn’t work without much tinkering.
Thanks!
I would like to do the same. The biggest issue of all is not the electrical connection part, but how to attach the lights to the grill.

I have heard that Evil Manufacturing is creating a kit to mount lights behind the grille. I have a couple Diode Dynamic pod lights that will ruin your eyes.
Where’d you see that? I’d be curious to follow that!

Re-reading this I misunderstood what you were looking for. Not aware of any raptor style grille lighting kits.

Here are some different installs I have seen lately.
3 white markers I have seen these for sale on various sites.
Not a ZR2 but a Silverado nonetheless with multiple bars in the grille
Thank you! Unfortunately the “3 white markers” link doesn’t have any kit info or mounting info. Suspect the eta on who posted won’t have pics or kit info based on their other comments. As for the bars, I’ve seen that and that is a little more straightforward.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the oracle lights I linked to above. Figured I would take the leap and solve this one and report back to the group once they arrive. If anyone has any “tips” or “lessons learned” in this area, would love the input!

Thank you! Unfortunately the “3 white markers” link doesn’t have any kit info or mounting info. Suspect the eta on who posted won’t have pics or kit info based on their other comments. As for the bars, I’ve seen that and that is a little more straightforward.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the oracle lights I linked to above. Figured I would take the leap and solve this one and report back to the group once they arrive. If anyone has any “tips” or “lessons learned” in this area, would love the input!
Looking forward to your feedback. Take lots of pics if you’re able to complete the install. Thanks

Well, I did it! I figured it out. Getting the grille off was trickier than expected. The grille is different than the regular Silverado grille and connects at different points. But here’s the final install. These are Oracle Prerunner light kit. I bought the three year warranty on them as a precaution but the build quality seems great. Used 3M emblem tape to attach though I could have used small zip ties (provided with the kit). Spent the most time getting the darn grille off! Overall spent about 2 hours start to finish.

Attachments

• 1860EFC9-6848-43A9-95E6-1DE4D25E830F.jpeg
    1860EFC9-6848-43A9-95E6-1DE4D25E830F.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 4B0B450D-41AD-4492-89EE-FA685220D15B.jpeg
    4B0B450D-41AD-4492-89EE-FA685220D15B.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 221
Looks good! Can you do five lights, one centered under the flowtie?

Looks good! Can you do five lights, one centered under the flowtie?
Possibly. I have the light and the harness to possibly try it. There is a solid part of the grille there, so you would need to drill and it is right near the support bracket. It was too close without getting exact measurements. I would cautiously say it’s possible. I mounted them in the thin section just below the bar in the middle of the grille.

Reactions: AXE
What fuse # did you tie them into in the fuse box, did you use a jumper fuse. Looks great and I have a set of six I plan to set up myself, smaller ones lower down the grill.

What fuse # did you tie them into in the fuse box, did you use a jumper fuse. Looks great and I have a set of six I plan to set up myself, smaller ones lower down the grill.
I actually just tapped into the parking lights that were already on the grille, but then they aren’t on unless the parking lights are on.

What units are you installing?

I actually just tapped into the parking lights that were already on the grille, but then they aren’t on unless the parking lights are on.

What units are you installing?
Thanks for the reply.
I plan to set up six across the lower grill where there is a flat spaces I can fit these 3/4"x1 1/2" LEDs. The space is about 3" up from the bumper

Thanks for the reply.
I plan to set up six across the lower grill where there is a flat spaces I can fit these 3/4"x1 1/2" LEDs. The space is about 3" up from the bumper
Those look good. I hadn’t run across those when I was looking. My setup came with 3 lights per harness as well. So I could add two more light but that felt like it might be too much. I might add one to the middle. Odd number feels better aesthetically but it involved drilling to mount where I did.

If you haven’t taken the grille off yet, i recorder a video and will post it.

Most Member Reactions

Back