49'ers hitch cover

Westcoast

Reaction score
Got my 49ers hitch cover in time for the Conference championship......................

1706129023304.jpeg

Won’t comment on the team, I live in Missouri and the Chiefs somehow remain alive 😅

Completely random side question, I see this all the time online and I always wonder…why cover license plates in pics? Anyone can see it driving down the road, in a parking lot, or wherever…right?

Good question...........I don't know - I just see that other posters cover their plates........sorry, someone probably has a legit reason but I just do it because it's what I see.....

Good question...........I don't know - I just see that other posters cover their plates........sorry, someone probably has a legit reason but I just do it because it's what I see.....
Completely understand! I wonder what I’m missing 😅…finally had to just ask!

Completely random side question, I see this all the time online and I always wonder…why cover license plates in pics? Anyone can see it driving down the road, in a parking lot, or wherever…right?
Every time I see a post with the license plate blacked out or covered I just laugh :ROFLMAO:

Theft. Your license plate is part of your identity like DL # which contains your address. Most of our private data is already on the dark web because of the numerous data breaches over the years. Someone could theoretically lookup your address and stake out your vehicle. Most thieves don’t usually go to this trouble but the people who mask their license are simply trying to protect their privacy. Also why almost no one on this forum uses their real name, right?

Theft. Your license plate is part of your identity like DL # which contains your address. Most of our private data is already on the dark web because of the numerous data breaches over the years. Someone could theoretically lookup your address and stake out your vehicle. Most thieves don’t usually go to this trouble but the people who mask their license are simply trying to protect their privacy. Also why almost no one on this forum uses their real name, right?
Your license plate is visible to the world around you...theft is of no concern. The only people that can "identify" you from your plate are the Police.

but…it’s…license plates are literally on the outside of your vehicle that you drive like everywhere? I still don’t get it, sorry 🤷‍♂️

I think with online posts, someone can connect it to your other data and social media. Therefore, there's an easier path to counterfeit it. It would still be a stretch, but driving on the road nobody knows who you are.

I've been on every data breech ever in America. Somehow including data from.college days that predates electronics......WTF. With AI, there will be 5 of you voting the wrong way soon!

I'll also suggest with the recent advances in AI, that bots searching for license plate images would be able to scrape the net to harvest those. The new advances in Google image seach technology demonstrate that. Having said that I'm unsure what the bad actors would do with that license plate info

OK...my name is Steve.

In Arizona we make it easy to become whomever you want to be. We hire illegals and convicts to work at the DMV. They issue licenses, vehicle registration, titles, etc to all their friends and family with your data.......think I'm bullshtting.......look it up, it happened.

but…it’s…license plates are literally on the outside of your vehicle that you drive like everywhere? I still don’t get it, sorry 🤷‍♂️
Because driving down the road no one knows anything else about you. Online, there is already a trail of personal info and getting the plate could help somebody dox you or steal your identity or locate you.

You are 100% incorrect on this one. Have looked up data on people before. Used to subscribe to one of those sites but no longer. You would be shocked at the information that is in the public domain!!!

Having worked in local, state and federal law enforcement for nearly 40 years, the availability of information on people in the public domain is amazing. There are free and pay sites, along with government websites that have tons of information.

Most Member Reactions

Back