6.2 Lifter Failure Poll

Have you experienced the dreaded 6.2 lifter failure?

• Yes - Dreaded Failure Lottery Won

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • No - Lifter Bullet Dodged So Far

Votes: 103 90.4%

• Total voters
The little diesel has plenty of other problems, some have supposedly been fixed some haven't. but the problems with them exceed the V8's that's a fact, unless somebody here knows more than the guy running the dealership shop.

I'm not saying they're no good, I'm just saying the V8's aren't all bad. personally I don't care for any GM diesel except the 60 series.
ok man, sounds like you got the inside scoop on the facts 👍

I think he should tell us how he really feels😂
I detect sarcasm. Seriously though 80-90k plus rigs. 2000 dollar wheels and tire upgrades, 1000 dollar running boards, bed covers, winches. Thousands for sound upgrades, suspension, exhausts. Plus hundred dollar trinkets to the left and right. I don't think for a moment a potential belt replacement 200k down the road is slowing anyone here down from enjoying or second guessing their
D max choices.

I detect sarcasm. Seriously though 80-90k plus rigs. 2000 dollar wheels and tire upgrades, 1000 dollar running boards, bed covers, winches. Thousands for sound upgrades, suspension, exhausts. Plus hundred dollar trinkets to the left and right. I don't think for a moment a potential belt replacement 200k down the road is slowing anyone here down from enjoying or second guessing their
D max choices.
Yep, I bitch about the electronics, paint, and plastic bits........but you gotta drive something may as well be the ZR2s, cause I don't see anything I like better.

Love my 6.2. Will I still feel that way if I encounter a lifter issue? Probably not as much, but once I get it fixed/replaced, I'll be just as happy as I am today - enough to come back and buy a 4th one if they add forced induction before they ultimately retire the V8 Silverados.

I don't tow anything with my truck, I use the bed to haul camping/travel gear and to transport <1.1k payloads at work. I'm sure there's an excellent use case for the Duramax, but I would never be happy with the sound or throttle response.

I'll reply back if and when I have an engine issue and let y'all know if my opinion has changed.

It's funny how it's great sport to bitch about the 6.2 , and it does have a few issues for sure. but if you suggest the duralax isn't the answer to prayers you're a know it who's never done any research just trying to hurt feelings.

There's a reason you pay 10k more for the diesel in the heavy pickups and $2500 less in the half ton. but whatever I don't give a FF what you drive I'm done.

I normally like to jump into a good fuel/ motor argument, but I got one of each. So I'm just gonna stick with bitching about other stuff they have in common cause it's doubly effective. .

I normally like to jump into a good fuel/ motor argument, but I got one of each. So I'm just gonna stick with bitching about other stuff they have in common cause it's doubly effective. .
You keep sending out those flyer adds, Im going to end up with another 6.2 again, 😂.

My brother just send me these pictures of a 6.2 2023 Yukon his doing an engine on with 3k on the clock. 😱 Mine so far good
At 20k

Attachments

• IMG-20240507-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240507-WA0001.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG-20240507-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20240507-WA0003.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
My brother just send me these pictures of a 6.2 2023 Yukon his doing an engine on with 3k on the clock. 😱 Mine so far good
At 20k
That's some interesting pictures. I'm guessing all the metal shards weren't part of the oil additive package.

Feels like Christmas in May. Just got my truck back, been at dealer since 1/2/24. Didn’t realize how much I like this thing until I actually got back in it. 14000 miles several rod bearing failures with metal shavings in the heads. They believe actual issue stemmed from bad oil pump and low oil pressure. Complete engine, radiator, oil cooler and lines. I’ll drive her through the summer and decide if I’m trading or not. Just happy to have my truck back.

It’s about time, shame on GM for taking so long. I would negotiate an extended warranty and monthly payments reimbursement if you haven’t done so.

Feels like Christmas in May. Just got my truck back, been at dealer since 1/2/24. Didn’t realize how much I like this thing until I actually got back in it. 14000 miles several rod bearing failures with metal shavings in the heads. They believe actual issue stemmed from bad oil pump and low oil pressure. Complete engine, radiator, oil cooler and lines. I’ll drive her through the summer and decide if I’m trading or not. Just happy to have my truck back.
congrats, welcome back lol

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back