6.2L on hood

philbun

Reaction score
Has anyone added red to like the L on the hood emblem or something like that. I’ve can’t seem to find the post. Thank you for the help

Has anyone added red to like the L on the hood emblem or something like that. I’ve can’t seem to find the post. Thank you for the help
Got these off Amazon if it's what you're looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_3739.jpeg
    IMG_3739.jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 107
Yes perfect. How hard are they to swap out.
Not hard at all. They are held in place with 3M double sided tape. Hardest part is cleaning all the old tape residue. Use a blow dryer to heat them slightly makes the job a little easier.

Whatever you do DO NOT use the 3M edaser wheel on the hood insert you will ruin it. I speak from experience., you can see where it peeled the paint behind the 6.2.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230222_190502_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230222_190502_Gallery.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 117
Whatever you do DO NOT use the 3M edaser wheel on the hood insert you will ruin it. I speak from experience., you can see where it peeled the paint behind the 6.2.
A body shop I know, told me you can't use a eraser wheel on anything plastic. Works great on any metal, but it will destroy the paint on anything plastic.

This is a very specific ask, but does anyone know of a 6.2L emblem that is the gunmetal color found in the middle of the "ZR" on the ZR2 badge? Having an all-black ZR2, I'd like to replace all of the chrome badges with that gunmetal color.

This is a very specific ask, but does anyone know of a 6.2L emblem that is the gunmetal color found in the middle of the "ZR" on the ZR2 badge? Having an all-black ZR2, I'd like to replace all of the chrome badges with that gunmetal color.
I have been looking for same, all I can find so far is black or chrome I got the putco letters for tailgate in gunmetal and can't find nothing else matching

I like the overall styling of the truck except for the ridiculous tacked on looking bulges.
The silver 6.2 badges don’t help

F ed mine up too. In a different way. Body shop on the 6th to buff/polish it the right way then I'll out the red/black badges on.

F ed mine up too. In a different way. Body shop on the 6th to buff/polish it the right way then I'll out the red/black badges on.

Most Member Reactions

Back