A lot of vibration in front drivers side tire when turning

TXYETI1016

Reaction score
Started getting a lot of vibration in the front drivers side tire when slowly turning. Wondering if anyone has experienced this? Just dropped the truck off at the dealer for them to take a look.
Did have to drive through some flooded streets but other than that nothing out of the ordinary.

Bearing, differential, tie rod, alignment, bad wheel/tire........ the usual suspects. Hopefully ac quick fix and you ain't waiting 4 weeks for parts.

I noticed a clunk-like noise on my front drivers side going over bumps with the wheel turned.

Took it to the dealer and they claimed it was a mount that wasn't properly greased. Noise came back almost immediately.

Not sure if it's the same issue as you, but if they find a fix I'd be interested in what you said for them to take a look.

Mine is horrible turning at slow speeds. Loud clunking/popping noise(s). I thought it was the power running boards but the dealer said it's not. They said to will break in.

I have had all the same issues. Was getting a popping I could hear and feel in the floor as I took off. Also it would pop here and there going over small dips. Got to -25C here, colder even. Once the temps dropped, started getting a heavy vibration in the floor. Popping has gotten less frequent. Dropped off at the dealership. They took it out in -35 and say they couldn't replicate even though it popped for me as I left the dealer parking lot. Checked suspension and CV. Couldn't find anything apparently. Did anyone get any fixes for the issues?

I have had all the same issues. Was getting a popping I could hear and feel in the floor as I took off. Also it would pop here and there going over small dips. Got to -25C here, colder even. Once the temps dropped, started getting a heavy vibration in the floor. Popping has gotten less frequent. Dropped off at the dealership. They took it out in -35 and say they couldn't replicate even though it popped for me as I left the dealer parking lot. Checked suspension and CV. Couldn't find anything apparently. Did anyone get any fixes for the issues?
At about 25 - 45 mph, my vehicle makes weird noise/sound ( like worn brake pads are grinding on rotors) but no vibrations. Dealer said it is road noise because of tires.

But with warm weather it reduces sometimes.

Reactions: AXE
At about 25 - 45 mph, my vehicle makes weird noise/sound ( like worn brake pads are grinding on rotors) but no vibrations. Dealer said it is road noise because of tires.

Yeah. I've definitely got the road noise from the tires. Sometimes it can be deafening but such is life with off road tires. I've owned a few different makes and they were all the same. The vibrations and popping are definitely something else going on. Heavy feeling. The road noise from the tires does get better when they're warmed up or in warmer weather. I assume that's why they used fabric on the wheel wells, to help absorb the sound of the tires.

Just got home from the shop. Service manager came out with me, highway and off road a bit. Popped and vibrated a lot. He's pretty certain it's cross member mounts that are the issue. They've got to be faulty or loose because I haven't don't much off road. Little spurts here and there. No mudding. No muddy turkey trails. Just pavement, gravel, grass and snow. Taking it in in two weeks to get hoisted and inspected. They're also going to put a couple of mics on it to listen for any other noise or vibrations. Will keep posted.

Just got home from the shop. Service manager came out with me, highway and off road a bit. Popped and vibrated a lot. He's pretty certain it's cross member mounts that are the issue. They've got to be faulty or loose because I haven't don't much off road. Little spurts here and there. No mudding. No muddy turkey trails. Just pavement, gravel, grass and snow. Taking it in in two weeks to get hoisted and inspected. They're also going to put a couple of mics on it to listen for any other noise or vibrations. Will keep posted.
Better not eat a lot of beans with those mics active…

Literally exact same response after my most recent oil change and asked them to take a look again - "Road Noise". If anyone finds something relevant to try asking them I'm all for it.

Truck back from shop. Suspension U brackets needed to be retorqued. Have read that on other forums previously. It was an flagged issue in their GM service system. Seems to have helped. No more popping and vibrations have gone down. Won't know for certain until winter again though but I think that was the fix.

Truck back from shop. Suspension U brackets needed to be retorqued. Have read that on other forums previously. It was an flagged issue in their GM service system. Seems to have helped. No more popping and vibrations have gone down. Won't know for certain until winter again though but I think that was the fix.
Thats a little scary!

Most Member Reactions

Back