AC condensation runs over Transmission/Exhaust

TKeslar

Reaction score
I just added a Borla Touring exhaust. I was running my AC for the first time this year and heard a sound when I stopped that sounded like water dripping on something hot. At first I thought it was due to the exhaust, but then I found this thread…

Has anyone experienced this?

I just added a Borla Touring exhaust. I was running my AC for the first time this year and heard a sound when I stopped that sounded like water dripping on something hot. At first I thought it was due to the exhaust, but then I found this thread…

Has anyone experienced this?

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/487546819?h=985677031d" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I haven't heard it, but have observed it.

I'm getting some AC condensate in my ducts and occasionally it smells bad. Haven't seen that in my last couple of GM trucks.

As I mentioned, I just had a new exhaust put on the day I noticed it. I just wanted to be sure it was not due to the work I had done. I was curious if anyone else had experienced this. I’ve never owned a vehicle that did this.

I live in Vegas and run my air CONSTANTLY and have never heard or noticed anything like that. I will pay closer attention

<iframe title="vimeo-player" src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/487546819?h=985677031d" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Yes - just added the Touring to my 2022 Trail Boss... tzzzz tzzzz tzzzz is what I hear everytime I get out of the truck after having run the AC. This sucks, and I'm going to try to rig something up under the drip pan to divert the water a couple inches. Some guys on hear have said 'what's the problem'... the problem is that cold water dripping on to burning hot metal is going to fatigue the metal and turn it into a hole after time (stainless or not).

Most Member Reactions

Back