Advice From Current Owners

44sixpack

Reaction score
So I went to my closest dealer today to talk about an order and it's too late for '22. he can order a '23 but no pricing is available.

There's none around here to look at or drive so a few questions for you guys who have them. do they drive and handle half decent ? comfortable ? would a 1500 mile trip seem like 15,000 ? I ask because I take long drives to hunt in multiple states and while I like the looks but I don't want something that corners and drives like a loaded UPS truck. I'm guessing the fuel economy sucks but I can live with that.

About all I can find is sticker price minus and programs. I'm used to paying invoice but maybe these days that's a no go. is sticker price not out of line today ?

They drive and handle awesome. The seats were a pleasant surprise very comfortable for me. I would have no issue taking mine cross country. Be a great truck for hunting trips to be honest. I paid sticker for mine but out here in the west you will have to call around

That's encouraging.

I'd buy one anyway but what king of MPG are these things getting on the hi way? it isn't the cost any more than the range , the tank seems pretty small.

That's encouraging.

I'd buy one anyway but what king of MPG are these things getting on the hi way? it isn't the cost any more than the range , the tank seems pretty small.
that is the downside especially coming from a ram or ford. however you can get around 400 miles of range with it and I don't know about you but after 300 I want to get out of the car for at least a couple minutes anyway. Expect 17-19 on the highway if you set the cruise and keep it under 85. There is definitely space under there for a larger tank. Not sure what gm is thinking on that

So I went to my closest dealer today to talk about an order and it's too late for '22. he can order a '23 but no pricing is available.

There's none around here to look at or drive so a few questions for you guys who have them. do they drive and handle half decent ? comfortable ? would a 1500 mile trip seem like 15,000 ? I ask because I take long drives to hunt in multiple states and while I like the looks but I don't want something that corners and drives like a loaded UPS truck. I'm guessing the fuel economy sucks but I can live with that.

About all I can find is sticker price minus and programs. I'm used to paying invoice but maybe these days that's a no go. is sticker price not out of line today ?
There are trucks for sale on here.

and while I like the looks but I don't want something that corners and drives like a loaded UPS truck. I'm guessing the fuel economy sucks but I can live with that.

not me

Last edited:
I'd buy one anyway but what king of MPG are these things getting on the hi way? it isn't the cost any more than the range , the tank seems pretty smal

not me😂

17-19 isn't bad that's about what my hemi 1/2 ton is getting.

I guess it's a waiting game now until the '23 order info is complete.

17-19 isn't bad that's about what my hemi 1/2 ton is getting.

I guess it's a waiting game now until the '23 order info is complete.
Ordering information is available, just no pricing yet. You can expect the price to go up at least 1-2% when the model year switches over.

Dealer says the rep is telling them there will be a few changes that don't show yet. not sure what or if it's true. I'm not sure if I place an order then I want to alter it if I can. that's my biggest concern.

I'm going to guess delivery is at least 6 months out. it took 50 weeks to get my '22 Super Duty.

The ride surpasses a High Country. Tire noise as is expected for “mud terrain” tires. Dips and bumps dissapear in the multimatics as compared to any GM vehicle with the Z60,Z82 or Z71 suspension system. I can’t speak on magnaride however. But 22’s and potholes don’t like each other

Dealer says the rep is telling them there will be a few changes that don't show yet. not sure what or if it's true. I'm not sure if I place an order then I want to alter it if I can. that's my biggest concern.

I'm going to guess delivery is at least 6 months out. it took 50 weeks to get my '22 Super Duty.
I ordered in November and took delivery May 25th. 6 months is typical

I'd buy one anyway but what king of MPG are these things getting on the hi way? it isn't the cost any more than the range , the tank seems pretty smal

not me😂
The tank is absurdly tiny. I average about 15mpg at 500 miles and it’s 350-370 to empty from full on the dash. Highway is 20+ at 70mph

That fuel economy is fine with me.
I'm sure the seats can't be worse than the ones in my Dodge. I'm ready to order but they won't until the prices show.

That fuel economy is fine with me.
I'm sure the seats can't be worse than the ones in my Dodge. I'm ready to order but they won't until the prices show.
I had a ram and I much prefer the zr2 seats. Only way I see the zr2 seats being an issue would be if your fat lol. The bolsters would probably push into the doughy sides

I would take this truck anywhere. It is super smooth and comfortable. My family takes regular trips (1000+ miles) like you and we will be taking the truck over the suburban next time. My only complaint is the fuel mpg isn’t the best but that’s not what I got this truck for. The suspension is really nice and definitely an upgrade from my old trail boss. I also have the tech package with the heads up display, adaptive cruise, and lane departure assist. For longer drives I really enjoy this feature and its worth the extra money.

I haven’t had a chance to get this thing off road yet but hopefully that happens soon. I personally like the stance better than the competitors. Living in Oklahoma the narrower stance can get through trees and tight trails here a little better than a wide body.

The ride surpasses a High Country. Tire noise as is expected for “mud terrain” tires. Dips and bumps dissapear in the multimatics as compared to any GM vehicle with the Z60,Z82 or Z71 suspension system. I can’t speak on magnaride however. But 22’s and potholes don’t like each other
I speed up for dips now!

Most Member Reactions

Back