Amber Lighting and Wheel Spacers

Eczr2

Reaction score
What’s up everybody!

Has anyone thought about changing over the grill lights (pictured below) to amber? If so, how would it be done? Is there a bulb or would the lights have to be replaced?

Also, I’ve seen a lot of you running spacers, any issues in regarding safety? I’ve been reading horror stories online about spacers and it’s making me skeptical about purchasing them.

Attachments

• 029A661D-6901-421F-B908-B75E57BA2607.jpeg
    029A661D-6901-421F-B908-B75E57BA2607.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 698
I would be interested in the amber lights as well. Waiting for someone to make a set of amber fogs also. I have seen someone cover those lights with amber film, but haven’t seen a replacement lens or bulb yet

What’s up everybody!

Has anyone thought about changing over the grill lights (pictured below) to amber? If so, how would it be done? Is there a bulb or would the lights have to be replaced?

Also, I’ve seen a lot of you running spacers, any issues in regarding safety? I’ve been reading horror stories online about spacers and it’s making me skeptical about purchasing them.
I want to do the exact same thing!

i would like to get more of these lights. anyone know the product code? i want to make a to be determined design in the grill with them.

I would email some of the aftermarket light companies like lasfit, diode dynamics etc and let them know there is a market for them

What’s up everybody!

I have thought about this. I was thinking of cutting out a film cover over the two stock led lights for mine with just an amber or yellow tint film. If anyone has tried this let us know. Also a cheap and easy DIY I was thinking about just to experiment how it looks. Here’s an example of what I'm talking about :

Well I decided to purchase this film and give it a shot. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. The film is super forgiving and easy to use. I ended up putting 2 layers on.

Attachments

• 20230110_154350.jpg
    20230110_154350.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 20230110_154413.jpg
    20230110_154413.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 20230110_154401.jpg
    20230110_154401.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 200
  • 20230110_154304.jpg
    20230110_154304.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 203
  • 20230110_154311.jpg
    20230110_154311.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 20230110_154247.jpg
    20230110_154247.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 222
  • 20230110_155816.jpg
    20230110_155816.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 223
Well I decided to purchase this film and give it a shot. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. The film is super forgiving and easy to use. I ended up putting 2 layers on.
Damn that actually looks good!

Awesome job...I was just talking about this today with my tint guy.

Thanks. It seems like the fogs are brighter, but I know it's just the yellow hue. I am definitely diggin it!
A heat gun or hair dryer is definitely a necessity, preferably a heat gun. I warmed up thr light itself first so the film would stick to it better. I cut it about 1" larger than the light and tucked in in the space around the light with a credit card. I have very little experience with vinyl, and they turned out great. You also will have PLENTY of film left over.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230110-171707_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230110-171707_Gallery.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Thanks. It seems like the fogs are brighter, but I know it's just the yellow hue. I am definitely diggin it!
A heat gun or hair dryer is definitely a necessity, preferably a heat gun. I warmed up thr light itself first so the film would stick to it better. I cut it about 1" larger than the light and tucked in in the space around the light with a credit card. I have very little experience with vinyl, and they turned out great. You also will have PLENTY of film left over.
Did you remove the lights or just tuck the film around the edges with them in place?

Did you remove the lights or just tuck the film around the edges with them in place?
I just tucked the film in. There is plenty of room around the fogs to tuck a good inch in. The marker lights do not have nearly as much room. Just heat and tuck it in the best you can, then trim the rest with a razor blade.

Looks damn good man. I guess I’ll take my own medicine and give it a shot!

I just tucked the film in. There is plenty of room around the fogs to tuck a good inch in. The marker lights do not have nearly as much room. Just heat and tuck it in the best you can, then trim the rest with a razor blade.
So you heat the lamp for a few minutes, place the film over and tuck in with card then heat a little bit more? Anything else?

So you heat the lamp for a few minutes, place the film over and tuck in with card then heat a little bit more? Anything else?
Just take your time. If you get a wrinkle just peal it back a bit and stretch it over with heat.

Finally got around to putting an amber tint on my fogs. I was originally only going to do the fogs and mirror lights but I decided to do the accent lights after I saw how it turned out on Diesel328's truck. I used a product called lamin-x but I wouldn't recommend it because it doesn't stretch very well under heat and it was hard to tuck in around the fogs. I've used the VViVid air tint on other applications and it's much easier to work with.
Lamin x ZR2.png

Finally got around to putting an amber tint on my fogs. I was originally only going to do the fogs and mirror lights but I decided to do the accent lights after I saw how it turned out on Diesel328's truck. I used a product called lamin-x but I wouldn't recommend it because it doesn't stretch very well under heat and it was hard to tuck in around the fogs. I've used the VViVid air tint on other applications and it's much easier to work with. View attachment 1552
Looks awesome...great job! My roll of VViVid tint that @Diesel328 recommended is sitting on my workbench waiting to be used this weekend. I'll post pics after I'm done as well.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back