AMP Research PowerStep XL - PART # AMP-77255-01A

MiloMLO

Reaction score
Any one installed the AMP Research PowerStep XL - PART # AMP-77255-01A on a ZR2 1500? This set looks like a Rocker Guard when closed. I have Rocker Guards from the dealer, but really need some steps for the girls to be able to get in and out of this truck. Wondering how they look compared to the Rocker Guards and if the closed clearance is still the same. According to one of the on line sellers "They hang about 2-3 inches when close and when extended they drop about 12-13 inches". That seams like a LONG drop for a 1500 even with the factory 2" lift.

Any one installed the AMP Research PowerStep XL - PART # AMP-77255-01A on a ZR2 1500? This set looks like a Rocker Guard when closed. I have Rocker Guards from the dealer, but really need some steps for the girls to be able to get in and out of this truck. Wondering how they look compared to the Rocker Guards and if the closed clearance is still the same. According to one of the on line sellers "They hang about 2-3 inches when close and when extended they drop about 12-13 inches". That seams like a LONG drop for a 1500 even with the factory 2" lift.
I have the AMP - Extreme version, with the ACCY switch. Those measurements are the same. The PowerSteps do not run from wheel well to wheel well like most rocker guards. My wife thanks me every time she get in the truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 47
I have them on my 2500HD and the standard ones on the 1500. Unless you lift your 1500, they will sit quite low and the step will be close to the ground. I would stick with the standards.

They will not function like a rock slider. They may give you some light protection, but they will get crushed like a cochroach in any rugged terrain and you'll have damage to the steps and rocker panel.

I've got detailed posts about both with pictures.

Last edited:
I have the AMP - Extreme version, with the ACCY switch. Those measurements are the same. The PowerSteps do not run from wheel well to wheel well like most rocker guards. My wife thanks me every time she get in the truck.
They look sleek. How much effort was it to install?

They look nice ordering mine next week. It's only been 2 days and wifey done fell out multiple times. She's 5'2" so it is quite a task getting in & out. Plus she gonna really need it after the BDS lift kit. 🤣

They look nice ordering mine next week. It's only been 2 days and wifey done fell out multiple times. She's 5'2" so it is quite a task getting in & out. Plus she gonna really need it after the BDS lift kit. 🤣
My wife is 5'0" and has the same issue. That's why I am looking to upgrade to a 2500HD ;)

Most Member Reactions

Back