Another new member!

dxpsman

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have been staring down a new truck for a while now and am finally just a couple of weeks away from receiving a Duramax ZR2 1500. I look forward to engaging with you all as I build the thing out.

I love the way these trucks look/feel off the lot, but can already see a couple of mods that need to be done:

1. Stance. For an offroad option, the stock wheel/tire configuration sure does sit under that fender. I'm hoping for some recommendations for size and offset (prefer 17's if they fit around those big calipers).
  2. Offroad steps. Honestly, a lifted truck without some kind of steps means my girlfriend ain't getting in the thing. History has taught me that springing for the dealer-installed option is silly, so I would love to see what y'all have found third-party.
  3. Exhaust. I'm sure I'm not the only one who prefers a truck to sound, well, like a truck, so I can't wait to dive into the options here. Is it worth replacing the entire catback or can I just throw a muffler on and call it a day? I live in California, so straight-piping, etc isn't really an option
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hey folks,

I have been staring down a new truck for a while now and am finally just a couple of weeks away from receiving a Duramax ZR2 1500. I look forward to engaging with you all as I build the thing out.

I love the way these trucks look/feel off the lot, but can already see a couple of mods that need to be done:

1. Stance. For an offroad option, the stock wheel/tire configuration sure does sit under that fender. I'm hoping for some recommendations for size and offset (prefer 17's if they fit around those big calipers).
  2. Offroad steps. Honestly, a lifted truck without some kind of steps means my girlfriend ain't getting in the thing. History has taught me that springing for the dealer-installed option is silly, so I would love to see what y'all have found third-party.
  3. Exhaust. I'm sure I'm not the only one who prefers a truck to sound, well, like a truck, so I can't wait to dive into the options here. Is it worth replacing the entire catback or can I just throw a muffler on and call it a day? I live in California, so straight-piping, etc isn't really an option
Thanks in advance for any advice!
A few members have confirmed 17’s will fit the brakes. As far as offset others have had a lot of success at a 0 offset. I also read to not exceed -12 unless you are ok with trimming.

The GM off-road steps are a great low profile option and you can usually find them used of FB marketplace for $400-$500.

I have the Borla S-Type offered through GM. Great sound while driving / cruising. It does register on the Richter scale on cold start.

A lot of great resource on this forum. If you find a brand you like, utilize that search button.

A few members have confirmed 17’s will fit the brakes. As far as offset others have had a lot of success at a 0 offset. I also read to not exceed -12 unless you are ok with trimming.

The GM off-road steps are a great low profile option and you can usually find them used of FB marketplace for $400-$500.

I have the Borla S-Type offered through GM. Great sound while driving / cruising. It does register on the Richter scale on cold start.

A lot of great resource on this forum. If you find a brand you like, utilize that search button.
Appreciate the feedback! Pretty excited to slide down the ol' rabbit hole on this thing.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back