Anyone else have very laggy screens?

My infotainment screen will lag and show a loading bar almost every time I change the screen. Anyone else running in to this issue?
The infotainment system is absolutely atrocious.

Although I picked up on that immediately when the pre release trucks were being “reviewed”

Hopefully OTA updates will improve the fluidity.

Connect your phone and CarPlay/Android Auto.

Yes, this is by far the worst part of this truck. It's Android Auto OS. It's terrible. It's not well thought out, it's laggy, and many times while changing stations between FM or SirusXM in the saved stations, it will just go to the last remembered station in that band. It also never remembers the layout of the screen. I removed all the Google bloat from the home screen, and every couple weeks it comes back. There's no HD radio, and the last 3rd of the screen is pointless unless you paid for the data plan (yuck) or you tow more than the average person.

For how beautiful this interior is and how nice the screens are, the OS is utter trash.

It’s so bad I’m thinking of selling this truck for something else. And I don’t normally think of myself as someone who cares about the infotainment that much — my 2011 Tahoe and 2014 Raptor had better systems, in terms of time to boot up and lack of lag.

I always wonder if I’m the only one. Do others find themselves waiting what feels like minutes before they’re able to enter a nav destination and it actually loads? Sirius is so buggy. Do we think it can be fixed?

Mine isn't that bad, but I'll be honest. I pretty much just stream through android auto. Normally with in a few seconds of cranking the truck my music starts. Sirius xm is pretty meh now. I rather just stream my own playlists or even the streaming stations. The built in Google assistant is useless for me. It's slow and never actually does what I ask. The built in apps are pretty sluggish. I mostly do everything through my phone and just use the the truck as a display.

I've actually thought about that. I wish all manufacturers would just basically do a universal display. Have a module/app for the vehicle stuff and let us use our choice of hardware for everything else. All these micro pc, magic boxes, mini Android PCs, ect. Just let us plug in our own computer. Make is easy to replace/upgrade. Built in computer is kind of dumb. How many of us are using 8 year old phones or PCs? Seems like a modular system that was easy to upgrade would be way better. Forcing everyone to have a low or mid level android or Apple car play device seems off.

Coming from a 2020 Tacoma, this screen and infotainment system are night and day better. I can say I do not see much lag if any with my system though I do use Apple Car Play for any route guidance.

I am surprised by how much hate these trucks get from the owners on this forum.

Coming from a 2020 Tacoma, this screen and infotainment system are night and day better. I can say I do not see much lag if any with my system though I do use Apple Car Play for any route guidance.

I am surprised by how much hate these trucks get from the owners on this forum.
I love my truck, Android auto works great. And yes I'd say it's way better then my wife's 21 highlander. And our 21 is way better then our 19 lol. Toyota is probably last place on the infotainment area. Again I just wish they were universal displays and we could plug in different computers. We literally got rid of our 19 Toyota because of how bad their system was. Google maps didn't even work.

If you stream Apple CarPlay or android auto, I get that it’s fine. My question is, how come the system the car comes with takes so much longer to work and is so much buggier than any other in-car system I’ve ever had?

Maybe it’s just my car though. That’s partially what I come to this community to find out. Maybe everyone else — *who isn’t streaming through phones, but rather using the standalone system Chevy put in the truck* — has no problems immediately inputting a destination from turnover, and immediately sees the whole map and can use all the Sirius presets as entered.

If you stream Apple CarPlay or android auto, I get that it’s fine. My question is, how come the system the car comes with takes so much longer to work and is so much buggier than any other in-car system I’ve ever had?

Maybe it’s just my car though. That’s partially what I come to this community to find out. Maybe everyone else — *who isn’t streaming through phones, but rather using the standalone system Chevy put in the truck* — has no problems immediately inputting a destination from turnover, and immediately sees the whole map and can use all the Sirius presets as entered.
I took a video of mine on start up. Is this how yours is? Doesn't seem that bad to me.

Oh no, mine is far worse than that. Takes literally a minute or so.

Thanks!!! ThAt’s good info 👍
Np, how is at&t cell service in your area? Service sucks at my kids school and I've noticed the built in is really slow getting going with bad reception.

Mine also enjoys random crashing. “Device is restarting” boot loops and all the good stuff.

Honestly all of it is extremely typical of a new GUI. Let’s hope GM stays on top of patching and updates. Most of the issues can be streamlined out that doesn’t lean on the now ancient cellular modem for data.

Very disappointed that GM didn’t equip the Global B vehicles with the latest or at least 5G capable Modems. For an architecture so aggressively sold as “Next Generation”

Yes, this is by far the worst part of this truck. It's Android Auto OS. It's terrible. It's not well thought out, it's laggy, and many times while changing stations between FM or SirusXM in the saved stations, it will just go to the last remembered station in that band. It also never remembers the layout of the screen. I removed all the Google bloat from the home screen, and every couple weeks it comes back. There's no HD radio, and the last 3rd of the screen is pointless unless you paid for the data plan (yuck) or you tow more than the average person.

For how beautiful this interior is and how nice the screens are, the OS is utter trash.
If you look at the hardware specs on this it's the equivalent of a very shitty low end Android phone. You would think that they would put a decent amount of RAM a good processor equivalent to the latest version Samsung Galaxy phone something that may last for the next 5 years.

No lag but horrible audio cut offs. At least every 1/3 songs, the audio will cut in and out several times.... frustrating.

(This is when connected to carplay)

I was thinking maybe its the screen sensitivity and not lag? I noticed when I run both AA and the infotainment system at the same time its pretty bad.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back