Armor All Ceramic Tire Coating ruined my paint

It’s been over a month and I have jumped through all of their hoops. Sent pictures of damage and actual can that I used along with 2 estimates for repair. I just sent the can in for them to test and then they are supposed to get back to me. It’s been a big pain, but it’s $600 to fix properly, so I’m doing what they ask to see what they will do. There are other people that have had the same problem and I sent a few of those posts to them as well. My advice is to do what I did and start a claim with them with the information on the can or visit the website and use the contact us information to start the conversation. It’s a pain, but worth a shot. I’ll post any new updates, sending my can in tomorrow.
You may not like my comment, but ArmorAll is shit products and has always been shit. Adams, Chemical Guys, Griots, etc. are all extremely superior products and will never give you an issue.

Good lord need to go to a professional detailer who specializes in this stuff. Wish you lived near me as I have all of the products and equipment to possibly polish that out. Used to show cars and motorcycles a few years ago.

I use the Rupes equipment and I would wager that it could be polished out without the 1k grit which will remove too much clear for me. Combination of the polisher, pad and chemical which I would try a pure polish first.

I use the big polisher and the medium one. My Rupes polishers are the previous versions of the ones shown. These newer ones work the same way and the same size but are the newest model.

It sucks that it happened to you too, but on the bright side, after about 3-4 months of jumping through armor all’s hoops, it went away on its own. I took it to 2 body shops and 1 detail guy and no one could do anything about it. Tried laquer thinner, polished and buffing compounds, wet sanding , and nothing. My advice is to leave it alone for awhile and see if it starts to fade on its own. Armor all is going to have you get a minimum of 2 estimates for repair, so you could get those to start your claim with them. I just let it go after 3+ months of crap. I think within the first month I saw a slight improvement and from then on it kept getting better and after 3 months it was completely gone. Are your stains as big and dark as mine were?

I have tried a lot of other brands, and every one that I tried slung a little bit and did the same thing to my paint in the lower door, just below the “rock guard” paint, so I no longer use any tire shine, just Griots foaming tire cleaner and leave it at that. Hope this helps.

You may not like my comment, but ArmorAll is shit products and has always been shit. Adams, Chemical Guys, Griots, etc. are all extremely superior products and will never give you an issue.
i think armorall is like using crisco on your dash and tires. sun hits it and you now have a frying pan.

It sucks that it happened to you too, but on the bright side, after about 3-4 months of jumping through armor all’s hoops, it went away on its own. I took it to 2 body shops and 1 detail guy and no one could do anything about it. Tried laquer thinner, polished and buffing compounds, wet sanding , and nothing. My advice is to leave it alone for awhile and see if it starts to fade on its own. Armor all is going to have you get a minimum of 2 estimates for repair, so you could get those to start your claim with them. I just let it go after 3+ months of crap. I think within the first month I saw a slight improvement and from then on it kept getting better and after 3 months it was completely gone. Are your stains as big and dark as mine were?

I have tried a lot of other brands, and every one that I tried slung a little bit and did the same thing to my paint in the lower door, just below the “rock guard” paint, so I no longer use any tire shine, just Griots foaming tire cleaner and leave it at that. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20240301_213617.jpg
    20240301_213617.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20240301_213637.jpg
    20240301_213637.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240301_213551.jpg
    20240301_213551.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 28
So glad it worked out for you.

Been detailing for several years. I believe the market is over saturated with products. Every company is trying to outdoor the other and trying to beat other companies to get a product out 1st. Not every product delivers as advertised. Even the best companies will have minor hiccups in production and there will be bad bottles released. With the truck tires out there now days, just take your time, get in all the crooks and crannies, making sure the dressing is dried before you drive. Highly recommend to use a water based dressing for your tires. I use the Adams tire dressing applicater (Adams or Amazon) along with a detailing brush to get in and around the outer tread.

Most Member Reactions

Back