AT4X AEV Edition Announced(this is the same as the ZR2 Bison)

GearheadSS

Founding Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, GMC is first to announce their AEV AT4X with full specs ahead of Chevy with the ZR2 Bison. Expect all of the AEV stuff on this truck to be the same as what will come with the Bison. Even the base AT4X is getting the AEV bumpers and now, the same 33s that the ZR2 has.

1657286904242.png

1657286915148.png

I'm guessing they didn't upgrade the tires because of the factory gear ratio???

Will those be available to order later this month along with the 23 ZR2? I’m trying to order one of the two the day they come out

So should we expect the standard ZR2 to have those bumpers if the GMC does ? or might they be an option ? the bumper is the only thing about the Bison I prefer from what I see.

Kinda not surprised GMC isn’t using 35s on this, as it seems like with this and the ZR2 they’re trying to avoid affecting their fleet CAFE harmonic mean. They’re probably already pushing it with the new Z06, not to mention the problems with the Volt, and the fact the ZR2 already has terrible fuel economy. I just hope the new AEV bumpers help create space for 35s, as the current ZR2 front bumper ends are what causing the rubbing issues with larger tires

So should we expect the standard ZR2 to have those bumpers if the GMC does ? or might they be an option ? the bumper is the only thing about the Bison I prefer from what I see.
I doubt it. I'm guessing the ZR2 will stay the same and we won't get a base AEV bumper option.

I bet this is why AT4X for 22 didn't get a bumper or wheel/tire upgrade. They knew this was coming and probably didn't have it ready to go when production started on the 2022s. I'd be pissed if I bought a 2022 AT4x!

According the latest TFL video, it's interesting that GMC is apparently going to let you just option the wheels/tires, bumper, and winch from factory (apparently?). All depends on how it options out and pricing whether it makes any sense at all but I personally like the rear bumper steps as they are just handy for my needs and you lose those with the full AEV package. (Agreed @GearheadSS on being pissed if I bought the 2022 AT4X)

That screen just shows what is added when you order a Bison. I don't know yet if we will be able to order the bumpers separate from the Bison package though.
Watching the TFL video about the AEV AT4X it’s said that there’ll be two ways to get the parts; Buy the AEV edition truck, or order parts à la carte and put them on your AT4X or ZR2

Kinda not surprised GMC isn’t using 35s on this, as it seems like with this and the ZR2 they’re trying to avoid affecting their fleet CAFE harmonic mean. They’re probably already pushing it with the new Z06, not to mention the problems with the Volt, and the fact the ZR2 already has terrible fuel economy. I just hope the new AEV bumpers help create space for 35s, as the current ZR2 front bumper ends are what causing the rubbing issues with larger tires

I've had my zr2 since October , and honestly...I'm quite disappointed with the overall stance and lack of easily modified options on this truck. You can't even put a 34 in tire on the truck without it rubbing so the 33s it comes with are barely even fitting to factory setup. I've always been a Chevy guy but if I'm sitting next to a TRX at a redlight , I feel inferior . Should have spent the extra money for a truly setup truck that's built right from the factory

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back