B&W Gooseneck Install

ZR2CJ

Reaction score
Installed the B&W BWGNRK1020 gooseneck hitch. Really not too bad other than being terrified to cut into your truck bed. I measured and remeasured for about four hours. After painting the bare metal, I added some grommets and metal edge trim for added protection. I was still able to use my bed mat and the cut out for the hitch fits perfectly back in place to keep the bed clear until you need the hitch. Also added a brush to cover the hole in the wheel well for the release lever. I think it turned out pretty good. I haven’t pulled anything yet but hope to this week.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    843.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    458.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    443 KB · Views: 43
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    497.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    589.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    522.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    800.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    929.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    689.4 KB · Views: 48
Installed the B&W BWGNRK1020 gooseneck hitch. Really not too bad other than being terrified to cut into your truck bed. I measured and remeasured for about four hours. After painting the bare metal, I added some grommets and metal edge trim for added protection. I was still able to use my bed mat and the cut out for the hitch fits perfectly back in place to keep the bed clear until you need the hitch. Also added a brush to cover the hole in the wheel well for the release lever. I think it turned out pretty good. I haven’t pulled anything yet but hope to this week.
Awesome job my friend!

Nice work. Had my local shop that does all my work I can’t or don’t have time to do (and has been tremendous over the years) put one my for me recently…hole was off a bit…got a 1/4” or so gap in the front of the ball. I wasn’t happy but what does a guy do at that point? The hole can’t be patched 😅 - i like your rubber trim approach, going to try that nd see if I can’t at least make it look a bit cleaner. Appreciate the post!

Nice work. Had my local shop that does all my work I can’t or don’t have time to do (and has been tremendous over the years) put one my for me recently…hole was off a bit…got a 1/4” or so gap in the front of the ball. I wasn’t happy but what does a guy do at that point? The hole can’t be patched 😅 - i like your rubber trim approach, going to try that nd see if I can’t at least make it look a bit cleaner. Appreciate the post!
Thank you. What hitch do you have? The B&W has enough play were you could probably loosen and center the hitch to the hole. 1/4" is perfect for the metal trim, I cut my hole 4-1/4" instead 4" to accommodate it. Here's the link to the one I bought on Amazon, its really flexible and easy to work with.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HV9P3NG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Curious on advantages over ordering the truck with the gm puck system. Cost and functionality?

Curious on advantages over ordering the truck with the gm puck system. Cost and functionality?
I don't think there is many, except his looks pretty clean.. For $500, if you order it you're ready to go. You get some holes in the bed filled with shitty plastic covers. But it is a nice mount and your ready go.

When I get mine...it will definitely have the GM option to have it built in at the factory. Clean and OEM.

Well Done!

I don't think there is many, except his looks pretty clean.. For $500, if you order it you're ready to go. You get some holes in the bed filled with shitty plastic covers. But it is a nice mount and your ready go.
Agreed, not many advantages. I didn't order my truck, so I wasn't given the option. The B&W has worked well for my situation.

Most Member Reactions

Back