BAK X4S Tonneau Cover

securityguy

Reaction score
I just ordered my X4S :D I had this same cover on my last truck and loved it. 5-year warranty...ultra sleek profile and excellent quality. Since I was a repeat customer, I got 20% off with free shipping. May be here as early as Friday or as late as Monday. Once installed, I'll take a few pics.

I just ordered my X4S :D I had this same cover on my last truck and loved it. 5-year warranty...ultra sleek profile and excellent quality. Since I was a repeat customer, I got 20% off with free shipping. May be here as early as Friday or as late as Monday. Once installed, I'll take a few pics.

That will be a nice addition to your truck.

I purchased the Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau Cover but wasn't happy about having to take it completely off every time I had to put a larger load in the bed. I looked at the X4s you purchased and considered that but my buddy has the BAKFLIP MX4 and I ended up ordering that. Funny thing is that it arrived as I was writing this! Now time to install it and try to sell the Trifecta.

Good choice. BAK makes a nice product. I went with the BAK revolver X4s and I love it as well!

Attachments

• 20220915_164744.jpg
    20220915_164744.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 20220915_164810.jpg
    20220915_164810.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 167
Looks great. Let us know how it does in the rain. Had a tri-fold version on my 2500 and it was “somewhat” water resistant. How secure is it? Thx

Looks great. Let us know how it does in the rain. Had a tri-fold version on my 2500 and it was “somewhat” water resistant. How secure is it? Thx
It appears to be sealed up extremely well. The only areas where it may get a small amount of water is on both sides of the tailgate in the seems between the gate and rear quarter panels. I am very impressed with the fit. It is extremely secure and the only way to open it is to have access to the tailgate which then gives access to the two latches. I had this on my last truck and was so impressed, I knew I wanted it on this one too. The 5-year warranty is awesome as well if you ever needed it. I had a plastic rail end cap break a few years back and they overnighted me full replacements...their customer service is amazing!

Those with a tonneau cover:

do you have little hoses that come down into the bed from the cover? If so, where do they connect inside? Mine are just resting in the bed, making the cover being water resistant worthless!

Those with a tonneau cover:

do you have little hoses that come down into the bed from the cover? If so, where do they connect inside? Mine are just resting in the bed, making the cover being water resistant worthless!
I assume you have a tonneau with a box that allows you to roll up your cover...like a Retrax or Roll-N-Lock. If so, there are drain holes in the bed close to the cab. Its they are not large enough for your plastic tubing, you will have to drill them out to size.

Last edited:
I assume you have a tonneau with a box that allows you to roll up your cover...like a Retrax or Roll-N-Lock. If so, there are drain holes in the bed close to the cab. Its they are not large enough for your plastic tubing, you will have rot drill them out to size.
I have a REV cover. It sounds like I need to take a drill to the bed! That was my initial thought but figured there had to be a less DIY solution when something is designed for the vehicle! Much appreciated.

I have a REV cover. It sounds like I need to take a drill to the bed! That was my initial thought but figured there had to be a less DIY solution when something is designed for the vehicle! Much appreciated.
They are designed to fit the bed, not the drains.

My X4S arrived at lunch, and 1 hour later, here she is. LOVE this cover and its super sleek profile!

View attachment 1888
View attachment 1889
Is this cover rigid at city and highway speeds, or does it flap around even if just slightly? This has always been my apprehension to anything other than a truly rigid bed cover, but if this one does not do that, I may consider purchasing.

Is this cover rigid at city and highway speeds, or does it flap around even if just slightly? This has always been my apprehension to anything other than a truly rigid bed cover, but if this one does not do that, I may consider purchasing.
100% solid as a rock! This is a “rigid” bed cover…solid aluminum but it rolls. Made of aluminum slats with a vinyl top cover. The sides and rear lock down…you can stand on this thing, but not recommended 😉

Last edited:
Mine came with a Rev installed. The dealer tech ran the drain lines through the front of the bed box. There are oval shaped plastic plugs that can be removed and the drain lines run through there. Those plastic plugs are removable because you can add d ring tie downs inside the cut outs.

Last edited:
Mine came with a Rev installed. The dealer tech ran the drain lines through the front of the bed box. There are oval shaped plastic plugs that can be removed and the drain lines run through there. Those plastic plugs are removable because you can add d ring tie downs inside the cut outs.
Thank you!! I did this and it looks to be a great solution without having to drill out the holes in the bed more. Much appreciated!

Reactions: AXE
100% solid as a rock! This is a “rigid” bed cover…solid aluminum but it rolls. Made of aluminum slats with a vinyl top cover. The sides and rear lock down…you can stand on this thing, but not recommended 😉
Just ordered mine yesterday and it will arrive by 2 pm tomorrow. Thanks for input and suggestions from all of you guys.

Does anyone with an X4S have experience with ice and snow? I like the X4S, but I'm worried about how well it works in winter weather.

Does anyone with an X4S have experience with ice and snow? I like the X4S, but I'm worried about how well it works in winter weather.
It should work great...it can certainly handle the weight of snow and ice and rolls up nicely versus folding in like a Retrax, etc. so no where it can "freeze" up to stop you from rolling it once you get any snow off of it. If there is something else specific you are concerned about, I would be happy to help you.

Most Member Reactions

Back