Boost Auto Parts Lighting Mods

Wildturkey707

Reaction score
Just installed the All lights high beams mod, The Mirror Spot lights while driving mod and the all lights in reverse mod. It was super simple to do and looks great. All lighting retained normal functionality with no issues.

Attachments

• Highbeams.jpg
    Highbeams.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 354
  • Reverse Lights.jpg
    Reverse Lights.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 186
These are definitely on my list to do.

Do the mirrior lights stay on once enabled? Or do you have to hold the button?

When you turn on high beams they come on automatically same w/ the fogs. Both buttons retain normal functionality though so you can just toggle the switch to turn them off or back on or left or right.

Great Mod - I'll be checking this out.

Thank for sharing.

I did the Boost mod where the fogs automatically come on with the parking/headlights. I love having my fogs on all of the time so this mod was perfect and took 5 minutes.

I did the Boost mod where the fogs automatically come on with the parking/headlights. I love having my fogs on all of the time so this mod was perfect and took 5 minutes.
Do the DRL’s switch to the “low” output setting still?

I wish there was a way to keep DRL “high” with the fogs/grill lights on

Do your Auto Hi Beams still work? Mine don't after the install. If I manually turn on my hi-beams when my fog lights are on they all work together, but the auto hi-beam doesn't seem to work.

Do your Auto Hi Beams still work? Mine don't after the install. If I manually turn on my hi-beams when my fog lights are on they all work together, but the auto hi-beam doesn't seem to work.
Well that sucks. I’m hoping that isn’t the case. No idea why ford can have set and forget fogs with low beams and still have auto high beams and GM can’t figure it out. My wife’s Fusion works fantastic.

Remember, I only did the fog light mod and nothing more and the wiring hack works as designed and my auto high-beams have been working perfectly.
Yeh me too, that’s why I don’t understand why my Auto hi beams don’t seem to work when I have my fogs on.

I've done 4 of the BoostAuto light mods (Auto Fogs, All Lights, High Beam Spot Mirror and Dual FunctionThird Brake Light Bed Cargo and Reverse Wiring Harness) on my 22. All the lights and features function like they did prior to the mods with the added ability the mods provide. You may want to check your connections one more time. Make sure the jumper is in the right direction, blue wrapped end on the correct BCM wire. If that is correct, I'd contact BoostAuto.

I installed the mod that adds the fog lights to the high beams, and I'd have to check, but IIRC it works like this now:
- If I don't have the fog lights on, and the Auto is showing on the dash, when the lights go to bright, the fog lights come on with the high beams
- if I have the low beams on, and hit the fog light button, the auto light on the dash goes off, and the auto high beams are turned off

I've done 4 of the BoostAuto light mods (Auto Fogs, All Lights, High Beam Spot Mirror and Dual FunctionThird Brake Light Bed Cargo and Reverse Wiring Harness) on my 22. All the lights and features function like they did prior to the mods with the added ability the mods provide. You may want to check your connections one more time. Make sure the jumper is in the right direction, blue wrapped end on the correct BCM wire. If that is correct, I'd contact BoostAuto.
Good advice. I’ll check later and see. Thanks.

I installed the mod that adds the fog lights to the high beams, and I'd have to check, but IIRC it works like this now:
- If I don't have the fog lights on, and the Auto is showing on the dash, when the lights go to bright, the fog lights come on with the high beams
- if I have the low beams on, and hit the fog light button, the auto light on the dash goes off, and the auto high beams are turned off
Honestly, if your lights are on "Auto" or any other function for that matter, if you have the Fog Mod you don't need to touch the Fog Light button. With the mod, the Fog Lights are on when ever your lights are on. If you just turn on the Parking Lights, the Fogs will come on with the mod. The only light button I ever have to turn on is the Auto High Beam. I don't recall prior to the mods, but the Auto High Beam doesn't stay selected every ignition cycle.

Honestly, if your lights are on "Auto" or any other function for that matter, if you have the Fog Mod you don't need to touch the Fog Light button. With the mod, the Fog Lights are on when ever your lights are on. If you just turn on the Parking Lights, the Fogs will come on with the mod. The only light button I ever have to turn on is the Auto High Beam. I don't recall prior to the mods, but the Auto High Beam doesn't stay selected every ignition cycle.
Correct - that's how it works with the Auto Fogs mod (https://boostautoparts.com/products...=th_chevy~yr_2022~mk_silverado-1500-refreshed).

I didn't install the Auto Fogs mod, I did the High 6 (fog lights on with high beams) - https://boostautoparts.com/products/6hi?rq=th_chevy~yr_2022~mk_silverado-1500-refreshed. I didn't want the fog lights on with my park lights (not sure why I went that route though, I never sit in my vehicle with the park lights on so I guess it wouldn't matter).

Only adding this as there may be some confusion in the thread because both mods impact the fog lights, but depending on which one was done, it'll function differently.

Ah ok. The problem may be me then. I will check it out tonight. I have been pressing the fog light button so I see the fog light indicator on the dash to know it’s illuminated. It may be already illuminated like you said. Makes sense. And the Auto hi-beam feature does remain active on ignition cycles.

Thanks for the great insight. I appreciate it.

Correct - that's how it works with the Auto Fogs mod (https://boostautoparts.com/products...=th_chevy~yr_2022~mk_silverado-1500-refreshed).

I didn't install the Auto Fogs mod, I did the High 6 (fog lights on with high beams) - https://boostautoparts.com/products/6hi?rq=th_chevy~yr_2022~mk_silverado-1500-refreshed. I didn't want the fog lights on with my park lights (not sure why I went that route though, I never sit in my vehicle with the park lights on so I guess it wouldn't matter).

Only adding this as there may be some confusion in the thread because both mods impact the fog lights, but depending on which one was done, it'll function differently.
I believe I have this mod. Fogs with Hi beam. Does this affect the Auto Hi beam function?

Most Member Reactions

Back