Boost Auto Parts Lighting Mods

Correct - that's how it works with the Auto Fogs mod (https://boostautoparts.com/products...=th_chevy~yr_2022~mk_silverado-1500-refreshed).

I didn't install the Auto Fogs mod, I did the High 6 (fog lights on with high beams) - https://boostautoparts.com/products/6hi?rq=th_chevy~yr_2022~mk_silverado-1500-refreshed. I didn't want the fog lights on with my park lights (not sure why I went that route though, I never sit in my vehicle with the park lights on so I guess it wouldn't matter).

Only adding this as there may be some confusion in the thread because both mods impact the fog lights, but depending on which one was done, it'll function differently.
I had the exact same opinion of the auto fogs. I bought all 4 mods... Auto fogs, High 6, Spotlights and cargo in reverse... But decided I didn't want my fogs on with the running lights all the time. For other info with these 3 mods installed all of my lights function normally and modded in every way.

If you manually turn on your fog lights with the button it disables your auto high beams. If you leave the button alone and let the boost Auto mod control the fog lights Auto will still work. I did all the boost Auto mods on mine when I first got the truck. They work great.

If you manually turn on your fog lights with the button it disables your auto high beams. If you leave the button alone and let the boost Auto mod control the fog lights Auto will still work. I did all the boost Auto mods on mine when I first got the truck. They work great.
That makes sense good info!

That makes sense good info!
My fog lamp indicator only lights up if I push the button even though the fogs are already on. The indicator does not have anything to do with whether the fogs are on or off if you do the Boost mod. They are just "always" on :) I wondered why my indicator wasn't on as well, but the fogs were.

How does the Boost Auto control the fog lights without me pushing the manually? Thanks.

How does the Boost Auto control the fog lights without me pushing the manually? Thanks.
There is a wiring interface that connects the headlight and fog light wires at the BCM. Therefore, the fog light switch becomes irrelevant in the equation as the BCM is controlling the lighting and not the switch.

There is a wiring interface that connects the headlight and fog light wires at the BCM. Therefore, the fog light switch becomes irrelevant in the equation as the BCM is controlling the lighting and not the switch.
I have that installed already, so my fog lights will automatically come on when the headlights come on even though the fog light indicator on the dash is not illuminated?

boost add on can be installed two ways. One way is your fog lights come on anytime your running lights are on. The other is the fog lights come on anytime your high beams are on. The factory switch still works like normal. But if you use the switch, it turns auto high beams off. I have mine setup to run my fogs with my high beams on. I can still turn my fogs on anytime I want with the factory switch, but they will be on anytime my high beams are.

boost add on can be installed two ways. One way is your fog lights come on anytime your running lights are on. The other is the fog lights come on anytime your high beams are on. The factory switch still works like normal. But if you use the switch, it turns auto high beams off. I have mine setup to run my fogs with my high beams on. I can still turn my fogs on anytime I want with the factory switch, but they will be on anytime my high beams are.
That is the way I preferred also.

I learned today that the mod I got from Boost Auto tuns my fog lights on only when my hi-beams come on. I can push the fog light button to turn them on manually but they only come on manually with the hi-beams. I would like them to come on with the headlights...I guess i need a different connection from Boost Auto huh?

I learned today that the mod I got from Boost Auto tuns my fog lights on only when my hi-beams come on. I can push the fog light button to turn them on manually but they only come on manually with the hi-beams. I would like them to come on with the headlights...I guess i need a different connection from Boost Auto huh?
Which mod did you get? My fogs come on when I turn my high beams on automatically along with the task light spots DTL's and normal headlights (All lights 6 high mod and the High beam spot mirror mod) but still have normal function with the button so I can have just my headlights on and my fogs if I want. I would just have my truck on auto at night and hit the fog button or turn headlights on and hit the fog button.

What exactly are you shooting for? You want your fogs to come on automatically with your high beams and also automatically with your headlights? If that is the case you would need two auto fogs mods and to tap into the high beams with one and the normal headlights with another. However I think there is much better combos for the mods what @securityguy has or my combo of 3 mods work great.

Which mod did you get? My fogs come on when I turn my high beams on automatically along with the task light spots DTL's and normal headlights (All lights 6 high mod and the High beam spot mirror mod) but still have normal function with the button so I can have just my headlights on and my fogs if I want. I would just have my truck on auto at night and hit the fog button or turn headlights on and hit the fog button.

What exactly are you shooting for? You want your fogs to come on automatically with your high beams and also automatically with your headlights? If that is the case you would need two auto fogs mods and to tap into the high beams with one and the normal headlights with another. However I think there is much better combos for the mods what @securityguy has or my combo of 3 mods work great.
Thanks, I guess I need the other auto fog light mod to have them automatically come on with my headlights too.

Just installed the All lights high beams mod, The Mirror Spot lights while driving mod and the all lights in reverse mod. It was super simple to do and looks great. All lighting retained normal functionality with no issues.
Thanks for posting this! I ordered the all lights on mod and the bed light on in reverse mod.

Just installed the All lights high beams mod, The Mirror Spot lights while driving mod and the all lights in reverse mod. It was super simple to do and looks great. All lighting retained normal functionality with no issues.
Does anyone know if you can do both “fog lights always on” AND “fog lights on with high beams” ? Is there a video link anywhere?

Most Member Reactions

Back