Borla touring muffler hanging height

ja1931

Reaction score
Hello all,

I installed the Borla Touring catback on my 23 Silverado 1500 ZR2 this weekend. I'm not sure if its just paranoia, but the muffler seems like it's hanging a little low on my install. The muffler itself didn't have any specifications on which side went up and it seems the connection is right in the middle so I don't think I installed it upside down.

For any of you that had the Borla Touring installed on your ZR2 could you tell me how far the front edge of the muffler is from the ground?

Attachments

• 20240303_152808.jpg
    20240303_152808.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240303_152829.jpg
    20240303_152829.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240303_152834.jpg
    20240303_152834.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240303_152852.jpg
    20240303_152852.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 32
Hello all,

I installed the Borla Touring catback on my 23 Silverado 1500 ZR2 this weekend. I'm not sure if its just paranoia, but the muffler seems like it's hanging a little low on my install. The muffler itself didn't have any specifications on which side went up and it seems the connection is right in the middle so I don't think I installed it upside down.

For any of you that had the Borla Touring installed on your ZR2 could you tell me how far the front edge of the muffler is from the ground?
Looks like it's the way it's meant to be. I know when I cut out the stocker it seemed to hang down some, but don't recall measuring it for comparison.

You could measure the stock muffler from the center of the pipe to bottom of can, then do the same for the Borla and you'll know how much of a difference there is.

Last edited:
I just went out and measured mine, the front edge of the muffler is 13.25" off the ground. The muffler itself hangs 2" below the frame rail.
Mine had the same measurements. It was throwing me off because of it hanging lower than the frame. I didnt think to take any pictures of the stock before install for reference. Thank you for checking!

Anyone out there with the dealer installed gm performance one part 87816783 that can check theirs? I hear that one is likely the same as the borla touring.

Hello all,

Mine had the same measurements. It was throwing me off because of it hanging lower than the frame. I didnt think to take any pictures of the stock before install for reference. Thank you for checking!

Anyone out there with the dealer installed gm performance one part 87816783 that can check theirs? I hear that one is likely the same as the borla touring.
i will measure my GM branded accessory Borla when i get home later.

Hello all,

hope this helps. its front pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240304_161929_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240304_161929_Photos.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240304_161800.jpg
    20240304_161800.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 20
That is helpful. If you are measuring from the ground, then it looks about the same as mine and red454s setup. That eases my concern that I might have installed something wrong. Thanks all!
i also looked at your photo and compared to my muffler. imo, they look the same. muffler is pretty well tucked in there. i think yours is fine. whats your opinion on the Borla? i think it really wakes up my ZR2. its not the "S" type shotgun blast on startup and when you punch it, she growls with no drone at speed.

i also looked at your photo and compared to my muffler. imo, they look the same. muffler is pretty well tucked in there. i think yours is fine. whats your opinion on the Borla? i think it really wakes up my ZR2. its not the "S" type shotgun blast on startup and when you punch it, she growls with no drone at speed.
I really like it. Wasn't looking for anything super loud. I already have a neighbor with a borla attack next door waking everyone up in the morning, didn't need to add to the neighborhood frustration 🤣. The touring gives the perfect old school truck growl without annoying everyone nearby.

Most Member Reactions

Back