Bose Audio

I completely agree. My Bose system is weak on my 2024. There is very little sound coming out of the rear speakers. Volume has to be around 3/4 before there is any bass. My 2021 High Country had a great system. I’m super disappointed.

Totally disappointed. The stereo in my 22 ZR2 and now 23 ZR2 suck compared to my old 2019 AT4. I added the Kicker sub box and it did help.

Totally disappointed. The stereo in my 22 ZR2 and now 23 ZR2 suck compared to my old 2019 AT4. I added the Kicker sub box and it did helCan I ask which one you added. I was looking at the front and speakers but I am old. I haven't even thought this stuff in years.
Any thought on the speakers? I was wondering if swapping all 4 would help. I have no idea if the stock head unit will work well though

I completely agree. My Bose system is weak on my 2024. There is very little sound coming out of the rear speakers. Volume has to be around 3/4 before there is any bass. My 2021 High Country had a great system. I’m super disappointed.
Thats exactly what I thought. weak in the back

I've posted a couple threads about speaker upgrades. I changed all mine our in my 1500 and now in my HD. They are the same Bose speakers and amps in all the refreshed trucks. I did add a Amp with built in DSP also.

You could try just swapping speakers, but I don't know how much that would help. It's definitely not going to do much for volume. If you get standard 4 ohm speakers it will make that worse actually. The factory speakers are 2 ohm in the front doors and the others are around 3.5 ohm. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I posted it in the thread. To be louder you would need to add a amp or go with lower Ohm speakers.

The other problem is the crappy eq curve the bose amp puts out to try and make the cheap paper speakers sound good with out blowing them. For it to really sound good, I think you need a DSP to off set what Bose does to the sound.

Try to get the latest infotainment update. I recently did mine on a 22 and I think it sounds better. My 23 Tahoe sounds better especially with center channel speaker. My 24 sounds better too. It's not gonna blow you away by any means.

I'm not sure Bose has ever been that great. The Alpines that my Dad has in his Ram Laramie Longhorns sound better since 2014.

I've posted a couple threads about speaker upgrades. I changed all mine our in my 1500 and now in my HD. They are the same Bose speakers and amps in all the refreshed trucks. I did add a Amp with built in DSP also.

You could try just swapping speakers, but I don't know how much that would help. It's definitely not going to do much for volume. If you get standard 4 ohm speakers it will make that worse actually. The factory speakers are 2 ohm in the front doors and the others are around 3.5 ohm. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I posted it in the thread. To be louder you would need to add a amp or go with lower Ohm speakers.

The other problem is the crappy eq curve the bose amp puts out to try and make the cheap paper speakers sound good with out blowing them. For it to really sound good, I think you need a DSP to off set what Bose does to the sound.
Thanks for the info!

Has anyone else been disappointed by the poor sound quality of the Bose system. I'm not usually a sound system guy but Bose seems to suck these days. Any thoughts?
you are 100% spot on with ZR2 Bose in the 1500. it stinks. i had Bose in my 21 sierra denali and it was awesome. i replaced my rear door speakers and noticed 50% better sound. some have added GM kicker sub with good results, others complete tearout. use search for specifics.

you are 100% spot on with ZR2 Bose in the 1500. it stinks. i had Bose in my 21 sierra denali and it was awesome. i replaced my rear door speakers and noticed 50% better sound. some have added GM kicker sub with good results, others complete tearout. use search for specifics.
What did you do for your rear speakers? open to suggestions

What did you do for your rear speakers? open to suggestions
fyi, you have option of remote mount tweeter or install as one unit. i used gorilla double side tape to mount crossovers. i also installed sound deadening foam to mitigate any vibrations caused by extra bass.

Attachments

• 20230421_132553.jpg
    20230421_132553.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230421_132609.jpg
    20230421_132609.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 62
fyi, you have option of remote mount tweeter or install as one unit. i used gorilla double side tape to mount crossovers. i also installed sound deadening foam to mitigate any vibrations caused by extra bass.
Thanks!

Thanks for the info!
If you want to just try speakers. I went with Infinity Kappas. I went with them because they are 3.0ohms. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to install the amp and DSp and get it all working right. So I specifically got those speakers so I could run them on the bose amp if all else failed, lol. So something like those or similar rated speakers would be your best bet IMO.

What do you all think about these? Anyone have any experience? They are 3 ohms.

AudioControl PNW-696" x 9" 2-way car speakers

AudioControl PNW-65 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers

AudioControl PNW-275 2-3/4" component midrange speakers

I would give those a shot in a heartbeat. Audiocontrol makes good stuff. That's what brand my amp/DSP is. Those speakers weren't available when I did my 22. If they were I would have tried them.

Yeah, not sure if this helps, but my stereo was trash too, all tinny sounding and too much bass would cause fuzz. Then after an update the bass fuzz and tinny sound went away 🤷🏽‍♂️
I’m sure the hardware is still trash, but it definitely sounds better then in the first year I had it.

Most Member Reactions

Back