Bose Audio

you are 100% spot on with ZR2 Bose in the 1500. it stinks. i had Bose in my 21 sierra denali and it was awesome. i replaced my rear door speakers and noticed 50% better sound. some have added GM kicker sub with good results, others complete tearout. use search for specifics.
My 21 sounded better also it seems to me than my 24 . I have the Kicker sub in the 24 like I had in the 21 it would rattle the rear view mirror and hud display not so much with the 24 kinda disappointed for sure

Yeah, not sure if this helps, but my stereo was trash too, all tinny sounding and too much bass would cause fuzz. Then after an update the bass fuzz and tinny sound went away 🤷🏽‍♂️
I’m sure the hardware is still trash, but it definitely sounds better then in the first year I had it.
Interesting you say that, cause I thought so too. In my case I feel like the bass was improved and that allowed me to tweak the settings and get some better mid range and treble. It isn't earth shattering, but noticeable.

My 21 sounded better also it seems to me than my 24 . I have the Kicker sub in the 24 like I had in the 21 it would rattle the rear view mirror and hud display not so much with the 24 kinda disappointed for sure
i get it. it sucks we are even having to discuss Bose systems with all the issues we have with our rigs. one positive is that there are many ways to make the Bose sound better. it all depends on how much $$$ you want to spend.

My stereo is ok but nothing impressive in my 2500 HD, the stereo in my c8 vette will blow your face off and the stereo in my ram TRX is much better as well. Dissatisfied with this on the truck.
whats the Bose configuration in the HD? wonder if its same as 1500.

I do love the looks and the aggressive grill of the ZR2 as opposed to the GMC. However, I like the overall GMC AT4X package better...it just wasn't worth an extra $5K to me at the time based on what I got for the additional money.
i dont get the price $$$. massaging seats?

i dont get the price $$$. massaging seats?
That and a better stereo with more speakers and a few other small things I didn't really care about. I do like the dash vent placements better on the GMC than the ZR2 dash. However, I like the trailer brake controller near the START button on the ZR2 far more than having it on the center console in the GMC. Gives and takes!

The AT4X has more speakers. It has 12 vs the ZR2s 7. I haven't heard the stereo in one. But I kind of doubt it's much better. I've seen lots of posts in AT4 groups about people asking how to upgrade those speakers too, lol.

Probably a bit louder. But more of the same bose speakers aren't going to make it sound better. The X has a center channel and they added tweeters to the A pillers and tweeters to the rear doors. So that's the extra 5 speakers. 4 tweeters and a center channel. Problem with ours isn't it needs more highs. The midrange and bass is what's lacking in the factory system. That center channel in the dash is also probably some weird size that's hard to upgrade.

The AT4X has more speakers. It has 12 vs the ZR2s 7. I haven't heard the stereo in one. But I kind of doubt it's much better. I've seen lots of posts in AT4 groups about people asking how to upgrade those speakers too, lol.

Probably a bit louder. But more of the same bose speakers aren't going to make it sound better. The X has a center channel and they added tweeters to the A pillers and tweeters to the rear doors. So that's the extra 5 speakers. 4 tweeters and a center channel. Problem with ours isn't it needs more highs. The midrange and bass is what's lacking in the factory system. That center channel in the dash is also probably some weird size that's hard to upgrade.
Bose speakers are Bose speakers...crap regardless go Chevy/GMC...just more of them and broken out a bit differently as you posted above. I am confident you can find the center channel speaker on Crutchfield without an issue. There has never been a center channel speaker I had an issue with replacing.

Bose speakers are Bose speakers...crap regardless go Chevy/GMC...just more of them and broken out a bit differently as you posted above. I am confident you can find the center channel speaker on Crutchfield without an issue. There has never been a center channel speaker I had an issue with replacing.
I looked just out of curiosity and Crutchfield doesn't show any replacement speakers confirmed to fit the center channel or the console sub. Doesn't mean can't make something fit. When I replaced my ZR2 dash speakers, I went with some mids that didn't fit. I knew they didn't. But just going off the opening size. I knew they could with some help from a dremel, lol. I also added tweeters to my A pillers. Added a sub under the backseat. Rear doors, I just put some good 6.5" speakers there. I don't really see much point in having separate tweeters or component speakers in the back doors. They are just rear fill. They are controlled by my DSP though.

owned 3 GM trucks and all bose were different. 18' SLT 1500 had a really nice sound at volume. my 21' denali 1500 bose was exceptional. big bass, crisp and clear at volume. and now my 22' ZR2. well below my standard. acceptable fronts, crappy rears and decent sub/console. all that said, imo all bose speakers dont suck. i believe its the software that makes them crappy. we were dealt a dud with the ZR2. music is also very subjective.

owned 3 GM trucks and all bose were different. 18' SLT 1500 had a really nice sound at volume. my 21' denali 1500 bose was exceptional. big bass, crisp and clear at volume. and now my 22' ZR2. well below my standard. acceptable fronts, crappy rears and decent sub/console. all that said, imo all bose speakers dont suck. i believe its the software that makes them crappy. we were dealt a dud with the ZR2. music is also very subjective.
I mean they aren't great lol. Small/lightweight magnets and pretty cheap feeling overall. But yeah I think bose/chevy did a weird EQ curve on them. Probably to make them go louder with out blowing/distorting.

20221025_154936.jpg

How hard is it to add an Amp and replace the speakers on this truck with the new large screen system? I leased mine and can't believe how weak the sound is. I have Focal speakers from my old truck, Fosgate Pro amps and some Alpine 10" subs and would love to use them on this truck but I can't butcher the wiring up too bad. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Most Member Reactions

Back