Cat back exhaust option

Kam

Founding Member
Reaction score
Good day. Dealer has ordered my Zr2 and said that there was no option for cat back exhaust. Is there currently a different exhaust system on this truck? Is the 6.2 motor spec'd the same as you would get in your LTZ etc or is it enhanced?
Also, is there an online build and price page?

Cheers!

Your best bet for a build and price is either through CostCo Auto or NADAGuides.

Rumor is that March 3rd is the date that Chevrolet will publish the builder.

Reactions: Kam
Good day. Dealer has ordered my Zr2 and said that there was no option for cat back exhaust. Is there currently a different exhaust system on this truck? Is the 6.2 motor spec'd the same as you would get in your LTZ etc or is it enhanced?
Also, is there an online build and price page?

Cheers!
No change to the specs of the engine, all of the 6.2's are the same. As far as I am tracking there is no cat-back exhaust option for the zr2.

Reactions: Kam
I bet we get lots of good aftermarket exhaust systems just as soon as ZR2s hit the streets.

Something nice and clean like this would be cool.

Looks nice and sounds nice, but the exhaust for the zr2 is tucked up behind the bumper, so you'd likely need to mod the bumper or swap it out with a bumper off one of the '21 models. Would also likely affect the departure angle.

Looks nice and sounds nice, but the exhaust for the zr2 is tucked up behind the bumper, so you'd likely need to mod the bumper or swap it out with a bumper off one of the '21 models. Would also likely affect the departure angle.
Yeah, I bet the aftermarket will figure out how to keep it tucked up under there nicely.

Has one heard or have video with how the zr2 exhaust sounds stock? I can't find anything myself.

Has one heard or have video with how the zr2 exhaust sounds stock? I can't find anything myself.
I don’t think I’ve read anything about exhaust re-engineering on the ZR2, other than dumping the pipes down, so likely similar sound to existing 6.2L engines. Maybe there are other changes though.

I doubt it will take Borla very long to provide some options.

Most Member Reactions

Back