Cell Phone Mount

securityguy

Reaction score
Does anyone have this? Looks AWESOME and very well made. I love the way it attaches to the dash and articulates. May go ahead and purchase it. Just curious if anyone has anything "better" or experience with this unit. Thanks guys!

I have access to everything I need through the dash so haven't had a need for phone, but what I will say is I have a similar functioning mount for my holster and it works great very sturdy. The mounts that use the metal ball and metal clasp system which the one you linked does seem to work great.

Attachments

• Holster.jpg
    Holster.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 72
I have access to everything I need through the dash so haven't had a need for phone, but what I will say is I have a similar functioning mount for my holster and it works great very sturdy. The mounts that use the metal ball and metal clasp system which the one you linked does seem to work great.

This is not meant to start some debate about guns. But as a non American it seems crazy to me that they have accessories to holster guns in cup holders (or anywhere else in the cab). Have you been in a situation where you needed to have quick access or is it for peace of mind/comfort/etc?

Reactions: AXE
Does anyone have this? Looks AWESOME and very well made. I love the way it attaches to the dash and articulates. May go ahead and purchase it. Just curious if anyone has anything "better" or experience with this unit. Thanks guys!

It looks well built. I’ve always used the weather tech cup phone holder but now that I only have two cup holders have been looking for another alternative.

This is not meant to start some debate about guns. But as a non American it seems crazy to me that they have accessories to holster guns in cup holders (or anywhere else in the cab). Have you been in a situation where you needed to have quick access or is it for peace of mind/comfort/etc?
This accessory isn't sold I made it myself by combining 2 individual pieces of equipment.

That holster isn't an accessory that's available. It's fabricated from other avaliable accessories.

Mostly you carry because you can and want the protection! 99.99995% of people that carry won't ever draw a gun. There's probably less than 10% of the population that carry, but that number is growing.

I don't like the look of the clamp compressing on plastic and the LCD screen. Seems like a low rent design.

Those Bulletpoint mounts I've shown are pretty sturdy and the phone mount is very secure. Cost about $85 tho.

I don't like the look of the clamp compressing on plastic and the LCD screen. Seems like a low rent design.

Those Bulletpoint mounts I've shown are pretty sturdy and the phone mount is very secure. Cost about $85 tho.
Not low rent at all and I like it much better than the Bulletpoint mounts. The mount has a protective rubber sleeve that will not damage the plastic. It doesn't "compress", it attaches to it so no issues with damage or cracking. Looks like a very well made unit and thought out design IMPO. I'll be ordering mine today.

That attachemet is janky as hell, but I'm not gonna convince you otherwise. Get er done!
Janky as hell??? Your opinion my friend which may be totally of base since you haven't physically seen one. If I don't like it, it has a money back guarantee.

Janky as hell??? Your opinion my friend which may be totally of base since you haven't physically seen one. If I don't like it, it has a money back guarantee.
Dude the first time your service technician leans on that thing your gonna need another new radio and some plastic bits. I'm just trying to save you the aggravation.

Dude the first time your service technician leans on that thing your gonna need another new radio and some plastic bits. I'm just trying to save you the aggravation.
Why would anyone "lean" on this thing??? What would he/she ever have to do that would require anyone to "lean" on the mount??? You searching for straws, but I appreciate your concern ;)

Dude the first time your service technician leans on that thing you’re gonna need another new radio and some plastic bits. I'm just trying to save you the aggravation.
I’ve got to agree here and add as well. Once your phone is actually situated in that, a trip down a washboard road or even a bit of off roading could really do damage to that screen and plastic. I can see that it all plenty solid mounted but add the actual weight of you phone plus washboard vibrations…. No thank you. But it just an opinion. There is a few companies that make similar mount for off-roading Jeepers

Why would anyone "lean" on this thing??? What would he/she ever have to do that would require anyone to "lean" on the mount??? You searching for straws, but I appreciate your concern ;)
I don't know, but there was some leaning going on recently!

Get that thing ordered. I want to hear how great it is not this arm waving!

I don't know, but there was some leaning going on recently!

Get that thing ordered. I want to hear how great it is not this arm waving!
As soon as I get my discount code the order will be placed. I will most certainly post my thoughts as I have no skin in the game of what's better than what. For my needs, this reminded me of the Blendmounts and their high quality components and I thought it would be the better option for me. As far as screen damage, the mount is to the very far left of the screen and not in anyway making contact with it. More to come!

It's the bezel around the the screen that got me thinking it might have issues with the corner of the screen. We'll know soon enough.

It's the bezel around the the screen that got me thinking it might have issues with the corner of the screen. We'll know soon enough.
I just got off the phone with the engineer that designed and is producing it. They've been making these products for many years so not new to them at all. I placed my order and, once received, I will posts pics and my review. He assured me that it has been tested in the environments that were raised above and that the "screen and vent areas" are far more robust than you may think and zero issues handling the weight of the phone. In addition, it has an elastomeric inner section that is all that come into contact with the screen/vent so no marring or potential to scratch the dash area. If for any reason I feel differently, or just don't like it, he will give me a full refund for trying it out and posting my thoughts. More to come, but I am excited to give this a try!

Most Member Reactions

Back