Cell Phone Mount

I just got off the phone with the engineer that designed and is producing it. They've been making these products for many years so not new to them at all. I placed my order and, once received, I will posts pics and my review. He assured me that it has been tested in the environments that were raised above and that the "screen and vent areas" are far more robust than you may think and zero issues handling the weight of the phone. In addition, it has an elastomeric inner section that is all that come into contact with the screen/vent so no marring or potential to scratch the dash area. If for any reason I feel differently, or just don't like it, he will give me a full refund for trying it out and posting my thoughts. More to come, but I am excited to give this a try!
Did you tell him I didn't think it was going to work? When I heard him say "elastomeric", I would have said you mean "bounce inducing". I tell paper engineers that all the time. Then we fix it in the field later.

Did you tell him I didn't think it was going to work? When I heard him say "elastomeric", I would have said you mean "bounce inducing". I tell paper engineers that all the time. Then we fix it in the field later.
I told him what your concerns are. He stated that the concerns were valid based on you not knowing enough about the product, but unrealistic. I am an engineer as well and we are all not "paper" engineers, but test out what we design and produce. Time will tell with this as it does appear to be very high quality CNC machined aluminum custom designed to the contours of that mounting section that won't damage the dash. I'll be sure to provide my unbiased assessment, since I really don't care one way or another whether the Bulletpoint is better of worse than this one. I look at it this way...if I needed to mount MORE than one device in my truck, the Bulletpoint is 100% the way to go. If just mounting a phone, this may be the better the option. The elastomeric inner is only to protect the metal from coming into contact with the dash.

This accessory isn't sold I made it myself by combining 2 individual pieces of equipment.

10-4. I'm surprised someone hasn't made and sold that before.

That holster isn't an accessory that's available. It's fabricated from other avaliable accessories.

Mostly you carry because you can and want the protection! 99.99995% of people that carry won't ever draw a gun. There's probably less than 10% of the population that carry, but that number is growing.

Fair enough. Just was curious as it's something different than I think I'd come across up here. For me, just a different life experience where I've never even though of having a gun (and thankfully never have been in a spot where I needed one). But I respect those that view it differently and/or have had different experiences - to each their own and it has no bearing on me

10-4. I'm surprised someone hasn't made and sold that before.

Fair enough. Just was curious as it's something different than I think I'd come across up here. For me, just a different life experience where I've never even though of having a gun (and thankfully never have been in a spot where I needed one). But I respect those that view it differently and/or have had different experiences - to each their own and it has no bearing on me
Yeah, I've never known a life without guns. They are essential tools where I come from in the country. You hunt, target shoot, and use them for self defense usually before age 8. On the farm and ranch, the only other tool that's more essential was a pliers and a pocket knife.

Before, we used to put gun racks in our truck's rear window to keep our tools accessible. Now we're worried about having our portable tracking and surveillance tool mounted to our dash. That's how far we've fallen.

Last edited:
Just received and installed my OFFROAM cell phone mount. This is a VERY high quality piece and all CNC machined. It locks on to the upper left vent area and is extremely sturdy. It would be very difficult for this to, in any way, damage the upper portion of the vent area. Inserting and removing the phone is super easy and the slide rails to insert and remove the phone are extremely smooth. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max in an Otterbox case and it has plenty of room to support it and holds it solidly in place. I would find it VERY difficult to believe that washboarding, off-roading, etc. would have any negative impact on this mount or the dash area it is attached to. The mounting location is perfect as the phone is not too high and is clear of the touch screen so no impact on visibility. It also has no negative impact on the air flowing from the vent. I would HIGHLY recommend this mount to all of you without hesitation. If you need to mount more than one device, the Bulletpoint mount is the only way to go. However, if you only need to mount a single phone, I feel this is a much better option.

ZR2Phone Mount.jpg

ZR2Phone Mount2.jpg

ZR2Phone Mount3.jpg

ZR2Phone Mount4.jpg

MAN!!! Come drive here in Dallas TX and see how it feels! I carry both my SD9 and a fully loaded Byrna launcher as a minimum.... I drive daily into downtown Dallas every day and I WISH I could add armor plating, flame throwers front, rear and sides, oil slick option, and maybe 2 well placed M249 SAW's. Perhaps even some laser guided munitions... Man! Driving conditions are horrible now!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back