Chevy Silverado ZR2 Spec Multimatic DSSV Shocks Highlighted In New Video

5 grand to get these installed at all four wheels seems almost reasonable.
I think you'd get some takers at $3k, but if I had to chunk down $5k for a set, I'd just trade for a rig with them installed.

For $4-6k you can buy some incredible Fox, King, or Elka shocks for any suspension kit you desire. You'd get external reservoirs, compression and rebound adjustability, and valving to suit your needs. Plus they are fully serviceable for keeping them in top shape.

I'm not sure these Multimatics are serviceable or if there is someone in America that services them. Multimatic is a Canadian company with engi engineering in Europe and manufacturing in USA and internationally.

Last edited:
The DSSV's seem to be a solid design, and have been proven pretty well in some race environments, Chad Hall and some F1 cars seem to be having good luck using MultiMatic DSSV's.
Those guys have big budgets and pallets of shocks from sponsors. If these things aren't serviceable, there's gonna be a lot of whining when someone has to chunk down their annual fuel budget to buy new shocks at 40k miles. Shocks are cooked at 40k, you can keep running them, but they aren't the same and it'll catch up with you.

Me thinks there will be a lot of ZR2s running around with Bilstein 5100s on them at 50k.

It cost me $1600 (just above dealer cost) to put new shocks on my wife's Tahoe with the Magnaride and air shocks. Dealer wanted $2500.

I’m pretty happy with the dssv’s, they really make the zr2 one of the best riding stock trucks. But the zr2 suspension package w/ springs is $4500 from GM, so some quick armchair math says that if they aren’t rebuildable I definitely won’t be buying new ones ever. For that price I’d rather buy something that could be rebuilt.

I think I am going to take my DSSV shocks off...sell them for $3000 and replace them with new shocks from Monroe.

I think I am going to take my DSSV shocks off...sell them for $3000 and replace them with new shocks from Monroe.

Your not gonna like it as much.

Most Member Reactions

Back