Clear Vinyl Paint Protection

Leonidas

Reaction score
I’m planning to wrap my front bumper area/fascia and edge of the hood with 3m clear vinyl wrap. I know the rocker panels are good to wrap, but I wonder how the wrap will stick to the orange peel rocker paint. Anyone tried this? Thanks!

I live in an area where there are tons of gravel roads , rock pits and they use pit run on the roads in the winter. I've seen everything from do it yourself jobs to high dollar film shop work. it turns a rock chip into a plastic gouge with a smaller chip. in no way is a viable protective film, period . and I don't care what the salesmen and cheerleaders say.

Now if you're in a less hostile environment it might help some. but if that's the case I don't see why it's needed. if it worked I'd be all over it I don't care what it cost. but it doesn't.

I’ve had PPF on my truck, from top to bottom, since day one and it’s absolutely saved the paint a million times. I’ve had no issues at all with the crinkle paint near the rockers and the PPF’s adherence to it. It’s especially helpful because my 315‘s poke out a bit and spray a lot of debris onto the body and the film has kept it safe with no sign of any damage. I’ve even taken a rock flung by a semi going the opposite direction to the front bumper with enough force that it’s left a sizable dent, but the PPF still kept the paint from any damage.

I’m planning to wrap my front bumper area/fascia and edge of the hood with 3m clear vinyl wrap. I know the rocker panels are good to wrap, but I wonder how the wrap will stick to the orange peel rocker paint. Anyone tried this? Thanks!
lets us know how results.

Most Member Reactions

Back