Cluster/HUD Disappear then Check Engine Light

exiledZR2

Reaction score
So jumped in the truck today and most of the cluster and HUD wasn’t working. Cluster would still show if it was in 4x4/auto and a few other icons but nothing else. Controls on steering wheel for radio also didn’t work and I’ve got to assume the cruise controls wouldn’t have worked either. Tried turning truck on and off a few time and that didn’t fix it.

Had to drive it for about 10 mins. Then parked and turned off. After about 5 mins turned back on and cluster/HUD came back.
But now I had a check engine light and in the app, it said there was an issue with the emissions system.

Drove to the dealer and they said they’re booking 2 weeks out and as long as it was a solid light it should be ok to drive.

This video is exactly what the cluster/HUD was doing:

Tried to get one of our mechanics to hook up a scanner to it to see what codes were popping up but their scanner wasn’t updated with 22 models (they’re heavy truck mechanics not car mechanics).

Any one else come across this?

So update. Truck sat at work for a few hours. Got in it and check engine light is now gone.…

Going to have someone run a scan for codes tomorrow to see if that shows anything.

Definitely a head scratcher at this point…

Reactions: AXE
If you didn't already, I would disconnect the battery - wait a few minutes - connect it again and see if you get any trouble.

You can get one of these OBD2 Bluetooth code scanners and download an app to see codes on your phone. Can also clear the codes and get back on the road again if it isn't serious.

Saved my ass in my Duramax when I threw a DEF code and it went into limp mode when I was towing my camper. I cleared it and got back on the road. Did it again on way home, but it reset and I made it to dealer.

There are cheaper versions of this brand and much cheaper versions.of other brands.

Check this out!
OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://a.co/d/ehL0Jof

If you didn't already, I would disconnect the battery - wait a few minutes - connect it again and see if you get any trouble.

Haven’t done that yet but will do it if it happens again.

You can get one of these OBD2 Bluetooth code scanners and download an app to see codes on your phone. Can also clear the codes and get back on the road again if it isn't serious.

Saved my ass in my Duramax when I threw a DEF code and it went into limp mode when I was towing my camper. I cleared it and got back on the road. Did it again on way home, but it reset and I made it to dealer.

There are cheaper versions of this brand and much cheaper versions.of other brands.

Check this out!
OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://a.co/d/ehL0Jof

Thanks. Just ordered this and will see if any codes are popped up from yesterday as well.

So jumped in the truck today and most of the cluster and HUD wasn’t working. Cluster would still show if it was in 4x4/auto and a few other icons but nothing else. Controls on steering wheel for radio also didn’t work and I’ve got to assume the cruise controls wouldn’t have worked either. Tried turning truck on and off a few time and that didn’t fix it.

Had to drive it for about 10 mins. Then parked and turned off. After about 5 mins turned back on and cluster/HUD came back.
But now I had a check engine light and in the app, it said there was an issue with the emissions system.

Drove to the dealer and they said they’re booking 2 weeks out and as long as it was a solid light it should be ok to drive.

This video is exactly what the cluster/HUD was doing:

Tried to get one of our mechanics to hook up a scanner to it to see what codes were popping up but their scanner wasn’t updated with 22 models (they’re heavy truck mechanics not car mechanics).

Any one else come across

Check this out!
I like the Bluedriver OBD device as well.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back