DRL Recall

I had the DRL update a couple weeks ago and haven’t had any battery issues or auto stop start issues yet. The two little accent lights don’t run in the day anymore, not sure it’s supposed to be that way but I prefer to have them on.
Are you referring to the grill lights? If so my truck built in April of 22 has never had them with the normal “high output setting” DRL’s

Are you referring to the grill lights? If so my truck built in April of 22 has never had them with the normal “high output setting” DRL’s
Yeah I thought they were on in the day before the update but maybe I’m losing my mind. Maybe they were just on when I remote started and I assumed they were on with the daytime lights while driving. Mine was built august of 2022.

Took my truck in for its first oil change yesterday. When I picked it up they said there were two recalls they performed. Funny thing is when I scheduled my service on Monday I checked my vin for recalls and it said 0 recalls found. Anyway one was the spare tire piece which they had to order and the other was for the DRL's. Not sure if anything changed since it was almost dark when I picked it up. I will have to watch out for the battery drain issue associated with that update. My truck will often sit a week or longer without being started.

Also checked on the rear park sensor retrofit and still no ETA.

Took my truck in for its first oil change yesterday. When I picked it up they said there were two recalls they performed. Funny thing is when I scheduled my service on Monday I checked my vin for recalls and it said 0 recalls found. Anyway one was the spare tire piece which they had to order and the other was for the DRL's. Not sure if anything changed since it was almost dark when I picked it up. I will have to watch out for the battery drain issue associated with that update. My truck will often sit a week or longer without being started.

Also checked on the rear park sensor retrofit and still no ETA.
I hate to be the village idiot of the group, but which trucks are affected?

I have a 2022 ZR2. Does anyone else have the DRL recall. GM #N222386380 issued 12/08/22. I have nothing in writing as yet. The recall states.

Owners who have accepted applicable terms and conditions will have the opportunity to accept these software changes using wireless over-the-air (OTA) technology without having to bring their vehicle to a dealership.

Instead of taking it to the dealer I thought I would wait for the over-the-air update. I have checked a number of times but no update as yet. The last update says 10/22. My recall online says incomplete to date. Wondering how long it takes for GM to push out such a recall update. Any receive the update as yet over-the-air? I did go into the My Chevy App on the Informant screen and accept terms.

I thought GM would be quick to push this update given there safety risk in the recall.

If the DRLs do not deactivate when the headlamps are on, the resulting glare could increase the risk of a crash.
Yes,
LTZ, I took it to the dealer and they told me they couldn’t do upgrade because of some aftermarket wiring!
I assumed it was the topper I had installed, I disconnected a. Wire that was not factory, topper shell still worked, but alarm did not, thinking they could program it, I took it back and they still could not do it, there were 2 more spices that needed to be disconnected, Going back tommorrow to have alarm wires disconnected so they can do the recall, and they have a alarm guy to reinstall alarm! This is fraud, I bought a 70k truck with a factory alarm!
This may help you, I got one of the first refresh trucks, they had no issue getting heated steering wheel recall!

Are the DRL supposed to be on whenever the headlights switch is in the auto position?

Are the DRL supposed to be on whenever the headlights switch is in the auto position?
Yes and off when the headlights turn on.
But I believe recall is because they might stay on when headlights are on.

Yes and off when the headlights turn on.
But I believe recall is because they might stay on when headlights are on.
If that’s the case, Glad I refused the recall. I enjoy them on with the headlamps.

Most Member Reactions

Back