Drove one today.

minarets

Reaction score
Was excited to finally sit in one. Been watching a lot of reviews. Really enjoyed the lift height, and the interior a lot. Driving one… have a question. First time in that 10 speed.

When pulling it out it seemed to hesitate shifting gears or kinda stuttered when shifting. Is that normal?

My current truck doesn’t shift like that. Thoughts?

Was excited to finally sit in one. Been watching a lot of reviews. Really enjoyed the lift height, and the interior a lot. Driving one… have a question. First time in that 10 speed.

When pulling it out it seemed to hesitate shifting gears or kinda stuttered when shifting. Is that normal?

Mine does not do that.

Was it a brand new one? Mine did that when I test drove it. But after a few hundred miles it settled. Like if the Transmission was setting the shift points.

Last edited:
I have a 2022 with 6K. It stutters at times. Most of the time cruising in the 35-45mph range. I have read other threads about this issue. I mentioned it to my dealer but didn’t take it in. I wasn’t sure if it could be DFM related as well. The GM Authority web site posted this. It doesn’t mention 2023 models.

This does not apply to the 2023's. I saw that too.

I have a 2022 with 6K. It stutters at times. Most of the time cruising in the 35-45mph range. I have read other threads about this issue. I mentioned it to my dealer but didn’t take it in. I wasn’t sure if it could be DFM related as well. The GM Authority web site posted this. It doesn’t mention 2023 models.

I think it’s just the nature of the GM/Ford 10speed. My 2019 Raptor used to have huge hesitation from 3-4 gear especially when the tranny was still cold. My 23 ZR2 is smooth but every once and I while I feel a weird shift.

Late 2022's and 2023's do not have DFM anymore so it isn't that but I do agree with the computer doing a bit of learning and correcting this issue. I only have 1000 miles on mine and it does not do this anymore.

Late 2022's and 2023's do not have DFM anymore so it isn't that but I do agree with the computer doing a bit of learning and correcting this issue. I only have 1000 miles on mine and it does not do this anymore.
What??? Where did you get the information from? Please post a link from GM to verify your statement.

This was the article I was reading.

I didn't know there was a difference between AFM/DFM. I read the article completely now and see that the L87 still comes with DFM. However I do not feel or hear my truck doing it and with AEW 0FG exhaust and K&N Blackhawk I feel like I would. Also my 2015 had an indicator on the dash of when it would drop to 4 Cylinders and I do not see one on my ZR2. I also thought I read somewhere about if your 7th from last VIN is a 5 or higher the truck had no DFM but I can not find this again. I hated AFM/DFM on my 2015 LTZ and with no programmer yet for the refreshed I was stoked to think my truck didn't do this. The article also mentions chip shortages meaning no DFM for certain trucks maybe I got lucky. Or it is so much better now I can't tell it is doing it.

This was the article I was reading.

I didn't know there was a difference between AFM/DFM. I read the article completely now and see that the L87 still comes with DFM. However I do not feel or hear my truck doing it and with AEW 0FG exhaust and K&N Blackhawk I feel like I would. Also my 2015 had an indicator on the dash of when it would drop to 4 Cylinders and I do not see one on my ZR2. I also thought I read somewhere about if your 7th from last VIN is a 5 or higher the truck had no DFM but I can not find this again. I hated AFM/DFM on my 2015 LTZ and with no programmer yet for the refreshed I was stoked to think my truck didn't do this. The article also mentions chip shortages meaning no DFM for certain trucks maybe I got lucky. Or it is so much better now I can't tell it is doing it.
We all have it :cry: Don't get too excited. Even if for some extraterrestrial reason, you do not, we are all still plagued by the lifter issue, but don't hold your breath.

We all have it :cry: Don't get too excited. Even if for some extraterrestrial reason, you do not, we are all still plagued by the lifter issue, but don't hold your breath.
Is there no way to tell when it is happening? No indicator in the dash? Also I could clearly hear it before and now I don't? Apologies I got so excited when I read that article I didn't even finish it lol.

Is there no way to tell when it is happening? No indicator in the dash? Also I could clearly hear it before and now I don't? Apologies I got so excited when I read that article I didn't even finish it lol.
No indicator...we all wish there was. My 2019 and 2021 RAM with the 5.7L Hemi didn't have an indicator either. I guess the engineers didn't think we'd want to know or cared or the bean counters took it out because it added 10 cents to the price of the truck :unsure:

I have a 2022 that hesitates between 1st and 2nd gear. It has 2 thousand miles on it. It doesn’t do it all the time but it’s definitely noticeable and annoying at times. I’m going to have it looked at when I get my first oil change.

Most Member Reactions

Back