Expensive But Good Value

I've said this in the past when discussing the relatively high cost to purchase these rigs. I've had good luck with mine retaining value and low cost of maintaining them over 10 years.

It seems like value retention is not so good for 2022 Silverado 1500 ZR2. Their trade-in value is now about 52K i.e. @ 31% down from 75K Window Sticker Price (MSRP). Cost to Own so far so good.

It seems like value retention is not so good for 2022 Silverado 1500 ZR2. Their trade-in value is now about 52K i.e. @ 31% down from 75K Window Sticker Price (MSRP). Cost to Own so far so good.
I don't think it's a ZR2 specific thing. Truck sales have tanked. Interest rates are high, especially on used ones. MSRP is still high, But dealers everywhere are offering supplier pricing for everyone, plus a lower interest rate than a used one. But yeah it's crazy how fast it's dropping. It's went down 13k in 3 months. I watched it drop 5k almost over night, while I was shopping for a HD..

I don't think it's a ZR2 specific thing. Truck sales have tanked. Interest rates are high, especially on used ones. MSRP is still high, But dealers everywhere are offering supplier pricing for everyone, plus a lower interest rate than a used one. But yeah it's crazy how fast it's dropping. It's went down 13k in 3 months. I watched it drop 5k almost over night, while I was shopping for a HD..
Exactly. Just couple of months back, it was around 60K

you are correct but thats because of economy and soft new truck market. once Biden out of office things should rebound. the cost of borrowing money is an issue too.

you are correct but thats because of economy and soft new truck market. once Biden out of office things should rebound. the cost of borrowing money is an issue too.
When I ordered my ZR2 late August September my trade in on my 21 was looking like in the 62k range when I checked earlier this week it’s about 57k now . Time of year loan rates lots of factors . Also there is vehicles back in stock on my lot where a few years ago was empty . The market looks like in my area is returning more to pre covid model .

I'll just have to keep mine for 10 years. Then sell it for $35k. We'll see if the hard parts cooperate.

When I ordered my ZR2 late August September my trade in on my 21 was looking like in the 62k range when I checked earlier this week it’s about 57k now . Time of year loan rates lots of factors . Also there is vehicles back in stock on my lot where a few years ago was empty . The market looks like in my area is returning more to pre covid model .
I think it's a little worse than precovid. I can't remember ever having a truck lose 28% value in 1.5 years, lol. Luckily I traded mine a little while back before it dropped to what it is now. You would expect 10-15% in the first couple years. I felt kind of bad trading mine at -22% with only 20k miles on it. But I guess it's better then if I would have waited even a few more months.

I'll just have to keep mine for 10 years. Then sell it for $35k. We'll see if the hard parts cooperate.
Yeap ... that's what I was thinking too. Let's hope people will be crazy about V8 in the world of electrification. 🙂

i had always traded my vehicles in between 2-3 years. i purchased ZR2 hoping to be my forever rig. we will see.
I've kept my diesels 10 years. Other vehicles 4 to 6 years. Once I get them set up and spend another $6-10k on accessories and customizing, I'm not getting rid of them too soon.

I've kept my diesels 10 years. Other vehicles 4 to 6 years. Once I get them set up and spend another $6-10k on accessories and customizing, I'm not getting rid of them too soon.
I'm the same. Spend an extra 5-10k on upgrades and then trade them in.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back