Extended Warranty Thoughts

PCBeachBum

Reaction score
Did anyone purchase the extended warranty with their ZR2. I took delivery late Monday(I'll throw up some pics later, it went straight to tint shop and for some other goodies) and I passed on the Extended Warranty at that time. Now I am kind of reconsidering it. The only car I have ever bought an extended warranty on was my Lexus LC and that was mainly because of the cost to replace either of the digital screens and some of the other tech. Started thinking about all the new tech in the Silverado's and the DSSV shocks on the ZR2 so it got me to reconsidering. Anyone buy or have specific reason they didn't buy an extended warranty?

I didn't get one either. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to. No reason to buy it right away. You can get it anytime as long as your still under the manufacturers bumper to bumper.

I have mixed feelings on them really. I've had them before and it's kind of hit or miss. Sometimes they will cover you and save you some cash. But they can also deny stuff they shouldn't and they can be a hassle. They are a huge money maker. They don't make all that profit by paying out. But at the same time, I'm like you. With all the tech in this truck and the obvious expense if it fails out of warranty. Might be worth the gamble on a 2k warranty? Lol like I said I'm still undecided also.

Normally I don't with new vehicles but with all the tech in this truck i decided to extend the warranty. Some piece of mind i guess.

Sine GM likes to void warranty for any reason they can, I chose not to waste the money. Buy a 3rd party warranty if you must

Normally I don't with new vehicles but with all the tech in this truck i decided to extend the warranty. Some piece of mind i guess.
I did the same. Not saying I don’t have buyers remorse but I figured since I came from a 5/100k now 3/36 with a bunch of electronics and a specialized suspension I gamble.

Plus by getting it the dealer gives me a total of 3 years of oil changes

How much is the GM warranty? I haven't received my truck yet. 11/19 is my delivery date but I am considering the warranty. Especially with all the tech and this is the first MY of the truck.

I bought a warranty with my 2016 Kia and it more than paid for itself. Didn't buy one with my 2008 Tacoma.....it's a Tacoma.....didn't see the need. Bought one with my Accord....waste of money.

Anyone have good luck (or bad) with a third party warranty?

I did the same. Not saying I don’t have buyers remorse but I figured since I came from a 5/100k now 3/36 with a bunch of electronics and a specialized suspension I gamble.

Plus by getting it the dealer gives me a total of 3 yearsxcuoil changes

I think it was just over 2 grand not sure.

I haven’t done 3rd party companies with cars I do have a 3rd party on the Harley and that one has been great

How much is the GM warranty? I haven't received my truck yet. 11/19 is my delivery date but I am considering the warranty. Especially with all the tech and this is the first MY of the truck.

I bought a warranty with my 2016 Kia and it more than paid for itself. Didn't buy one with my 2008 Tacoma.....it's a Tacoma.....didn't see the need. Bought one with my Accord....waste of money.

Anyone have good luck (or bad) with a third party warranty?
You can negotiate with them and with my experience a fair bit.

Most Member Reactions

Back