First Silverado ZR2 Mod?

Is anyone considering a truck cap for the bed? I've been rocking the rollup tonneau cover for the past 15 years and it's definitely seen its better days, but the wife is pushing for something more secure.

This is the most secure cover and has many other advantages.

Definitely getting tinting done so the front windows match the rears before bringing it home.

A Whipple Supercharger :cool:

Have you found out if this fits the '22 ZR2? I'm interested in this as well

I've thought about those, but the hard roll up covers (assuming you mean something like the retractable ones?) take away more bedspace from an already short bed... still willing to consider though. Thanks!
I always throw on a Peragon tonneau, they're aluminum so they aren't durable enough to stand on or anything, but they accordion close and only take up about 6-7 inches of the bed. Plus they lock and have a quick release so you can take them out and throw em in the back seat really easily if you need your full bed. I already have one for the truck, just waiting for it (my new ZR2) to show up lol. They usually have a discount if you sign up for their emails, but if not and your interested, let me know, there will probably be a link in my boxes if I check. Here is the site for reference if you want to see em.

I always throw on a Peragon tonneau, they're aluminum so they aren't durable enough to stand on or anything, but they accordion close and only take up about 6-7 inches of the bed. Plus they lock and have a quick release so you can take them out and throw em in the back seat really easily if you need your full bed. I already have one for the truck, just waiting for it (my new ZR2) to show up lol. They usually have a discount if you sign up for their emails, but if not and your interested, let me know, there will probably be a link in my boxes if I check. Here is the site for reference if you want to see em.

That's what I've been looking at getting. Just wanted to make sure there weren't minor changes for the 2022 that would throw off the fit.

I’m putting amp running boards and 35”s also looking into a possible exhaust.
The exhaust system is gonna be tricky might have to change bumper.

If only they made one bumper and there where a trim piece or plug to remove for the usb cutouts.

If only they made one bumper and there where a trim piece or plug to remove for the usb cutouts.
I prefer the clean bumper. If anything I’d get an exhaust that dumps out behind the rear tires. I’m more leaning towards just keeping it hidden.

I saw somewhere the endcaps are removable on the front bumper, I wonder how that looks?

Tinted 2 front windows was my first mod. Actually the high clearance steps were first..., probably add the sub. Wanted 35's but man does this truck ride good as is....
20220401_165921.jpg

Last edited:

I like it! Surprised I haven't seen these before

Tinted 2 front windows was my first mod. Actually the high clearance steps were first..., probably add the sub. Wanted 35's but man does this truck ride good as is....View attachment 115
Truck looks great, same colour as I ordered and same tints and type of steps I was planning on doing. Are they the GM high clearance steps? Do they taper down towards the back?

Truck looks great, same colour as I ordered and same tints and type of steps I was planning on doing. Are they the GM high clearance steps? Do they taper down towards the back?
Yes GM high clearance

Attachments

• 20220402_162755.jpg
    20220402_162755.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 256
FYI AmpResearch PowerStep Running Boards are not compatible with the ZR2 and new 22 tech package. Was told by Real Truck they would work but once installed they would not function. After calling the manufacture, Amp Research, they confirmed the Power Steps are not yet compatible.

Can you explain or show pictures for us newbie’s lol
The reverse bulbs & license plate bulbs in these trucks are halogen…looks like crap when all other lights are LED. There are lots of YouTube videos of swapping them out. These are what I have:

JDM ASTAR Super Bright Error Free 921 912 3035 Chips White LED Bulbs For Backup Reverse Lights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CRGU91Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KRETFFE8N987JN8J1KDH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Also, the factory antenna is obnoxiously tall and ugly. Replaced with this one:

AntennaMastsRus - The Original 6 3/4 Inch is Compatible with Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (2006-2022) - Car Wash Proof Short Rubber Antenna - Internal Copper Coil - Premium Reception - German Engineered https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY0NH60/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_61E39ZHY0C0703P11PNK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Hope that helps!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most Member Reactions

Back