First Silverado ZR2 Mod?

My salesman went to a ZR2 class today. He was told that the trucks already have a leveling kit on them.
I don’t believe this is accurate. I’ll measure the ground to fender front and back when I get home.

Why would he lie, I asked him to put a leveling kit on?

Why would he lie, I asked him to put a leveling kit on?
I’m not saying he lied…my sales guy and everyone at the dealership had no clue about this truck when I picked it up. Just saying from my experience with my truck I do not believe it is leveled from the factory.

**EDIT** I’ve got approx 40 inches ground to fender in the front and approx 42 inches ground to fender in the rear.

Last edited:
FYI AmpResearch PowerStep Running Boards are not compatible with the ZR2 and new 22 tech package. Was told by Real Truck they would work but once installed they would not function. After calling the manufacture, Amp Research, they confirmed the Power Steps are not yet compatible.
I took my amp steps off my AT4 before I sold it. I have them waiting for my ZR2, hopefully they find a easy fix or Ill just try plugging them in and see if they work before I mount them. I have the OBD plug n lay ones.

I like it! Surprised I haven't seen these before
I have one on my current truck. They're a little flimsy because of the thin aluminum, but they're secure and once you get used to opening and closing them they're great! I was slightly disappointed because I was expecting it to be a little sturdier, but it was pretty easy to get over it. Just want to set realistic expectations in case someone buys one with the expectations I had originally lol

I have one on my current truck. They're a little flimsy because of the thin aluminum, but they're secure and once you get used to opening and closing them they're great! I was slightly disappointed because I was expecting it to be a little sturdier, but it was pretty easy to get over it. Just want to set realistic expectations in case someone buys one with the expectations I had originally lol
I've always put on an Access tonneau cover (soft, roll-up style), and shied away from the hard covers because so many of them had a box in the front of the truck box to roll up into - I didn't want to sacrifice any space. I've never seen the Paragon. Anyone on here that's had both, and if so, preferences one way or the other?

Also, it looks like there's some side supports that sit in front of the rear fender. Do these get into the way?

I’m not saying he lied…my sales guy and everyone at the dealership had no clue about this truck when I picked it up. Just saying from my experience with my truck I do not believe it is leveled from the factory.

**EDIT** I’ve got approx 40 inches ground to fender in the front and approx 42 inches ground to fender in the rear.
I got 37 3/4" and 40 1/2" on my 21 AT4, Zr2 must be a bit higher.. nice.

Is anyone considering a truck cap for the bed? I've been rocking the rollup tonneau cover for the past 15 years and it's definitely seen its better days, but the wife is pushing for something more secure.
I got my Z Truck today. I ordered an A.R.E. Z2 6 weeks ago and it is expected May 20th. I never had a 4x4 without a cab high cap. Design follows function. I hunt, fish and haul stuff every day. New add-ons start now. 36 tires, cap, some sort of exhaust system that talks to you, nerfs and changing all the red to orange.

Front windows tinted….finally.

Attachments

• 1E5762F0-938A-44F3-A964-818914C854D1.jpeg
    1E5762F0-938A-44F3-A964-818914C854D1.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 279

It's so unnoticeable compared to previous gens. I just don't see the point in bothering with a leveling kit on this one.

I've always put on an Access tonneau cover (soft, roll-up style), and shied away from the hard covers because so many of them had a box in the front of the truck box to roll up into - I didn't want to sacrifice any space. I've never seen the Paragon. Anyone on here that's had both, and if so, preferences one way or the other?

Also, it looks like there's some side supports that sit in front of the rear fender. Do these get into the way?
I haven't used both, I used a tri-fold previously. But my current truck is sitting in front of my house with a Peragon so if you want pictures of anything in particular I can help out with that when I have a bit of time? Its an 18 Z71, but that is the best I can do until the ZR2 arrives, unfortunately.

I got my Z Truck today. I ordered an A.R.E. Z2 6 weeks ago and it is expected May 20th. I never had a 4x4 without a cab high cap. Design follows function. I hunt, fish and haul stuff every day. New add-ons start now. 36 tires, cap, some sort of exhaust system that talks to you, nerfs and changing all the red to orange.
So I bought a Borla ATAK for my exhaust when the truck shows up. How does the stock exhaust sound? I am assuming by your comment that it is whisper quiet. I like my trucks to sound a little more aggressive. Are my assumptions accurate about the stock exhaust?

My salesman went to a ZR2 class today. He was told that the trucks already have a leveling kit on them.
Has anyone put 35's on their Z yet? The 33's have limited clearance as they are. A lot of us were talking about it but didn't know if they fit. Maybe just spacers.

I agree. Most sales people at dealerships don't know much about the ZR2 and don't really find out unless they have a real interest in the truck themselves. In my experience I knew much more about this truck than any person at the 3 dealerships that I talked with.

The reverse bulbs & license plate bulbs in these trucks are halogen…looks like crap when all other lights are LED. There are lots of YouTube videos of swapping them out. These are what I have:

JDM ASTAR Super Bright Error Free 921 912 3035 Chips White LED Bulbs For Backup Reverse Lights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CRGU91Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KRETFFE8N987JN8J1KDH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Also, the factory antenna is obnoxiously tall and ugly. Replaced with this one:

AntennaMastsRus - The Original 6 3/4 Inch is Compatible with Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (2006-2022) - Car Wash Proof Short Rubber Antenna - Internal Copper Coil - Premium Reception - German Engineered https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY0NH60/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_61E39ZHY0C0703P11PNK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Hope that helps!
Is it only the reverse/plate bulbs that are not LED? What about the cargo lights inside the 3rd brake light? They LED or halogen? Lastly are the high beams LED?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Has anyone put 35's on their Z yet? The 33's have limited clearance as they are. A lot of us were talking about it but didn't know if they fit. Maybe just spacers.
Thinking a out trying some 34's. I did just order the Borla today and should have on in a few weeks. Truck is not level. Unless my boat is attached...haha. Doesn't look bad though, the ride is so good, just not sure if I want to mess with leveling or doing anything that will effect the ride. Anyone take end caps off bumper yet?? Guess you have to remove wheel liners too

Most Member Reactions

Back