Flush mount reverse lights

canonicom1

Reaction score
Has anyone put some flush mounted LED lights on their rear bumper or in the rear bumper step? I’ve seen it done on the older trucks but nothing newer.

Attachments

• IMG_4502.jpeg
    IMG_4502.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_4503.jpeg
    IMG_4503.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 129
I put them on all my Duramax trucks. Great for checking trailer hook ups and tying stuff down in the dark. Helps with backing some too.

I ran a separate switch and relay for mine to make sure I leave them on.

DJI_0073.JPG
IMG_9260.jpeg
IMG_8952.jpeg
IMG_8945.jpeg
IMG_8947.jpeg
IMG_8930.jpeg
STEP LIGHTS, I have been working on a factory-looking way to mount a set of Baja Designs lights in the rear steps to use as scene lights and a way to turn them on without having to place the vehicle in reverse. I have created these pod light holders and a complete wiring harness that is 100% plug-and-play. The lights are activated with the cargo light switch. This all started because I felt the bumper was not a good option, with all the bracing and supports behind the bumper. The kit is now available at podholes.com

View attachment 14375View attachment 14376View attachment 14377View attachment 14378View attachment 14379View attachment 14381STEP LIGHTS, I have been working on a factory-looking way to mount a set of Baja Designs lights in the rear steps to use as scene lights and a way to turn them on without having to place the vehicle in reverse. I have created these pod light holders and a complete wiring harness that is 100% plug-and-play. The lights are activated with the cargo light switch. This all started because I felt the bumper was not a good option, with all the bracing and supports behind the bumper. The kit is now available at podholes.com
Awesome!

View attachment 14375View attachment 14376View attachment 14377View attachment 14378View attachment 14379View attachment 14381STEP LIGHTS, I have been working on a factory-looking way to mount a set of Baja Designs lights in the rear steps to use as scene lights and a way to turn them on without having to place the vehicle in reverse. I have created these pod light holders and a complete wiring harness that is 100% plug-and-play. The lights are activated with the cargo light switch. This all started because I felt the bumper was not a good option, with all the bracing and supports behind the bumper. The kit is now available at podholes.com
Looks good! I used Baja Design lights in the rear bumper of my Bison and they are bright as hell. This should be a nice kit for those without the bumper cut outs!

I’ve utilized Diode Dynamics for my hood mounted pod lights. Any plans to make another pod for other lights?

Just to be clear, as the website is not, does the kit come with the lights, pods and harness?

Where is the harness you are plugging in to? Awesome product

How's it going, thanks for the question. We grab power and ground by T-ing into the 7-pin which gives power to the waterproof relay, we pick up the the cargo switch by T-ing into the harness/BCM at the rear of the truck. 100% plug-n-play!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_8921.jpeg
    IMG_8921.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 17
I’ve utilized Diode Dynamics for my hood mounted pod lights. Any plans to make another pod for other lights?
Any issue with the truck sensing a trailer? I added simple light bar w/ reverse by adding an inline male/ female 7 pin and 5 pin flat adapter. Now it senses "trailer" when I choose accessory I still loose park assist and rear cross warning

Thanks for the questions! Yes, I am working on a front mount for the ZR2 and one for the new 2024 front foglight area. I have had this set up on my truck for months now with no issues, I tow multiple times a week and everything is working fine.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back