fuel additives

craneguy

Reaction score
was just curious if anyone is running any kind of fuel additive in their trucks injector cleaner or anything

was just curious if anyone is running any kind of fuel additive in their trucks injector cleaner or anything
I’ve got a few HDs - 2005, 2006, and 2016 with their respective generation of the 6.6 duramax (LLY @ 205,000, LBZ @165,000, and LML @ 126,000) - I’ve used HotShot’s Every Day Diesel additive in each tank and run a half quart or so of NO ash marine 2 cycle oil through them monthly. All have original injectors that remain in spec and I’ve done no fuel system repairs (I did swap the LML injection pump to the CP3 simply due to the known CP4 grenade risk and added a Kennedy lift pump).

I’ve not done my homework on the new 3.0 diesel but have started the same schedule as above until I learn otherwise. Hope that helps. As a side note, loving this new motor and truck, came from a 22 and was a bit worried about going from the 6.2 to the 3.0, so far so good. Good luck and keep us posted if you find any solid data driven information here.

Most Member Reactions

Back