Getting a new infotainment/radio.

Diesel328

Founding Member
Reaction score
So I took my truck in to get the DRL, and spare tire recall done along with the heated steering wheel chip. Upon picking my truck up my infotainment system flashes back and forth and the audio cuts in and out. I called my service adcisor and he got me right in and it he told me GM said to order me a new infotainment/radio.

Probably what everyone with intermittent sound issues needs to have done.
That's something VERY different than what we are experiencing with random muting for the first 10 minutes or so. @Diesel328 has a much different and serious issue that warrants a replacement. I think the rest of us just need a software update.

That's something VERY different than what we are experiencing with random muting for the first 10 minutes or so. @Diesel328 has a much different and serious issue that warrants a replacement. I think the rest of us just need a software update.
I doubt it, they need new head units, new TPMS systems, new Homelink systems, etc. These electronics are some real fuckin duds.

I doubt it, they need new head units, new TPMS systems, new Homelink systems, etc. These electronics are some real fuckin duds.
Did you watch the video he posted??? I have yet to see a head unit do that...YES...it is very different. I have zero issues with my TPMS...reliable and pressures are dead on. Homelink...flawless with a ton of range. Head unit? Yes...could certainly have better software!

Did you watch the video he posted??? I have yet to see a head unit do that...YES...it is very different. I have zero issues with my TPMS...reliable and pressures are dead on. Homelink...flawless with a ton of range. Head unit? Yes...could certainly have better software!
So if it is a software update and this many people are experiencing problems, many of which have been discussed here, why haven't they pushed a fix? Probably cause it isn't a software issue. If it's a software issue it wouldn't take two years to resolve and it appears that we are about there.

So if it is a software update and this many people are experiencing problems, many of which have been discussed here, why haven't they pushed a fix? Probably cause it isn't a software issue. If it's a software issue it wouldn't take two years to resolve and it appears that we are about there.
Again...did you see his video??? No one has experienced anything like that that I am aware of on this forum or others. His is clearly a wonky radio. Most all of us are having the muting issue with the radio regardless of the selected source. I have seen it take well over a year or so for a final software fix to happen. My 2017 Subaru had the new Starlink headunit...they didn't get the software right until 2019. It may be a headunit issue...or it may be an unresolved software issue...we are all speculating at this point. But, software issues are typically not a priority for manufacturers. Look at the RAM 12" screen. Been out now since 2019 and still no fix for several of the issues...just read the RAM forums. I do believe this is a software issue, but only time will tell. If we all bring the issue to the attention of our servicing dealer, we may eventually find out the truth. Swapping one headunit for another will, most likely, not resolve the issue either as nothing has changed from one to the other.

Again...did you see his video??? No one has experienced anything like that that I am aware of on this forum or others. His is clearly a wonky radio. Most all of us are having the muting issue with the radio regardless of the selected source. I have seen it take well over a year or so for a final software fix to happen. My 2017 Subaru had the new Starlink headunit...they didn't get the software right until 2019. It may be a headunit issue...or it may be an unresolved software issue...we are all speculating at this point. But, software issues are typically not a priority for manufacturers. Look at the RAM 12" screen. Been out now since 2019 and still no fix for several of the issues...just read the RAM forums. I do believe this is a software issue, but only time will tell. If we all bring the issue to the attention of our servicing dealer, we may eventually find out the truth. Swapping one headunit for another will, most likely, not resolve the issue either as nothing has changed from one to the other.
Can confirm, TRX screen had many bugs like dropped bluetooth, screen freezes, and buttons becoming unclickable randomly for minutes at a time.

Haven't experienced, in either ZR2 I've owned, any of the issues people have been reporting with the infotainment/radio. I always use bluetooth Apple CarPlay though, never use XM/Sirius/AM/FM, so maybe there's something there.

I
Don't really give a shit what it is, but this morning driving I had Waylon Jennings, Bellamy Brothers, and Charlie's Daniels songs all get interrupted by this shit technology.

I ain't interested in sugar coating it and making excuses for 2 or 3 years. Maybe when GM is on fucking holiday for the next 30 days, one or two of those software hacks can sit their asses down and figure it out.

Now you might not get bent about your Taylor Swift songs getting interrupted, but where I come from you don't disprect Waylon when he's singing "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way".

Last edited:
Radio in my truck was already replaced. New radio works in one way broke in another. The “side panel” app screen is completely missing.

As a result CarPlay is stretched across the screen. Buttons don’t line up with touch as a result.

Definitely a mess

I

Don't really give a shit what it is, but this morning driving I had Waylon Jennings, Bellamy Brothers, and Charlie's Daniels songs all get interrupted by this shit technology.

I ain't interested in sugar coating it and making excuses for 2 or 3 years. Maybe when GM is on fucking holiday for the next 30 days, one or two of those software hacks can sit their asses own and figure it out.

Now you might not get bent about your Taylor Swift songs getting interrupted, but where I come from you don't disprect Waylon when he's singing "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way"
Do you have to wait for the song to finish before you order in a drive through?

Radio in my truck was already replaced. New radio works in one way broke in another. The “side panel” app screen is completely missing.

As a result CarPlay is stretched across the screen. Buttons don’t line up with touch as a result.

Definitely a mess
Sounds about right. Mine wasn't too bad just an occasional channel change needed on Sirius to get it moving again. Now it's cutting out more frequently....may be getting worse. That's part of why I think it's hardware or electric supply related, not software.

Do you have to wait for the song to finish before you order in a drive through?
I don't think I've been through a drive through yet. Mine is mainly issues with Sirius and Pandora. I'm 90% on Sirius and occasionally on Pandora.

My phone, navigation, Google search all seem fine.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back