GM 2024 Silverado 1500 Build & Price Now Open

healeyg

Reaction score
3.0 Diesel option listed for ZR2 (anyone able to order one? mine has not been accepted yet by GM...) MSRP $71,795 with delivery ($1695 less than 6.2)

New package: "Interior Convenience" Center Console Safe + Rear Under-Seat Storage - lockable (looks like a gun locker)

New colors - Slate Gray Metallic and Lakeshore Blue Metallic (Glacier Blue still avail)

Silverado 1500 for Sale: 2024 Silverado 1500 Pricing | Chevrolet

Build and Price the 2024 Silverado 1500: choose trims, accessories & more to see pricing on a new Chevy Silverado 1500.
www.chevrolet.com
www.chevrolet.com

I like those lockable safe options. Should be a good rig!

I'd probably really look at the lockable storage in person first. Not sure if they changed them, but the console safe is useless. Guy on the at4 posted the other day. His was broken into in like 30 seconds.

Yeah, generally stuff like that only stops the honest thieves!

I haven't been broken into in years, but the four times my shit was ripped off, two were opportunistic where they just grabbed what was loose and two were targeted, where they bent doors and cut locks on my tool boxes.

Yeah, generally stuff like that only stops the honest thieves!

I haven't been broken into in years, but the four times my shit was ripped off, two were opportunistic where they just grabbed what was loose and two were targeted, where they bent doors and cut locks on my tool boxes.
I just mentioned it, because I've seen a few posts about them failing. I originally considered getting the console safe when I first got my truck, But I decided against it. I get most locks won't stop a determined thief. I would think anyone who spending decent money on those lock boxes expects to at least slow them down though. When I seen that post in the AT4 group, I was glad I didn't bother with the console safe. His truck break in was caught on camera at his work. It took them less than a minute to break into his truck and his console safe. He said best he could tell from the video, the guy just used a set of plyers to get into the safe. They broke into several of his coworkers trucks also. Here is one of the pictures he posted. Almost looks like they just clamped down on the knob and were able to turn it with out entering the combination. Just not sure I'd bother with the GM stuff, if their locks are so poor.
console safe.jpg

Most Member Reactions

Back