GM Slowly Moving Light Controls To Infotainment Screen

This is a smart move less clutter. Maybe all buttons should be moved to the info screen

I had looked for about 3 years for a new vehicle, I was just looking at trucks/cars on the road to see if I saw something I liked the styling of, there was very little that caught my eye, so I waited. In the long run my 2004 Silvy was starting to get tired, but still started and ran fine every day, so when my grandson needed a truck I figured it was time to update after 18+ years with my old one. Fortunately I did really like the look of the newer GM trucks I saw on the road, so I got one, at this rate I hope it will last if I care for it well, and that it will be my last vehicle purchase for myself.

Even the poll on the GM site shows results currently are 88% for Mechanical and 12% for Infotainment access. I honestly prefer the mechanical switches for lights. Howe much more blank "clean" do you want the dash to look? If we wanted zero buttons and switches we would have purchased Tesla's 🤮🤢

Last edited:
I was going to buy a 24 Colorado ZR2 until I found out it didn't have a headlight switch..... and the computer bricked.....and the roof dents in a carwash when hit with a jet dryer......and the infotainment works about half of the time.....and....well, needless to say, it would be harder to live with than a rabbid dog!

I kid guys, I kid. Lol

The more buttons the merrier.

1000033380.jpg

I like to feel like I'm piloting an aircraft, even if it's just to go to the local 7eleven for a sugar free redbull. They are currently 2 for $6.

I kid guys, I kid. Lol

View attachment 11082

I like to feel like I'm piloting an aircraft, even if it's just to go to the local 7eleven for a sugar free redbull. They are currently 2 for $6.
As an EE and gadget geek...I would LOVE this type of dash in my ZR2!

I kid guys, I kid. Lol

View attachment 11082

Even the pilots don't know what all that shit is about. It's why my pilot overshot the runway last summer coming in Sky Harbor. If the auto pilot goes bad it's basically all over.

I barely use light controls as it all configured to auto and so far seems to work well for me. I may have used fog lights for may be 2-3 times so far. Will I miss it ? I don't think so.

While parking in the home garage, as I get closer to wall, high beam turns on automatically and good camera view.

But seeing buttons give a confidence that control is just one tap away.

Last edited:
United??? LOL!
Yes, but I'll be honest that trip was the only problem I've had with United in 30 years. Had a lot of "weather" delays coming into Denver cause of thunderstorms that only produced 10 drops of water. Then had to make another pass in Phoenix to get on the ground. I filed a refund request and was only asking for a small refund for that leg. They ended up giving me back about 50% of my ticket. I like flying United on their Skywest Canada Air regional jets. They load and unload fast and if you need to set one down in The Hudson, you can.

Even the poll on the GM site shows results currently are 88% for Mechanical and 12% for Infotainment access. I honestly prefer the mechanical switches for lights. Howe much more blank "clean" do you want the dash to look? If we wanted zero buttons and switches we would have purchased Tesla's 🤮🤢

Most Member Reactions

Back