Greetings from NE Oklahoma!

glocktogo

Reaction score
Howdy from Oklahoma! I’ve been a very happy 2018 Colorado ZR2 owner for 5 1/2 years. I had no intention to let it go anytime soon, but happened to stop by my dealer and they had a 2024 Silverado 1500 ZR2 Bison Edition sitting there and I took a look at it. Still no intent on buying, but they made me an offer I just couldn’t resist!

So goodbye to Lil’ Blue:
IMG_0264.jpeg

And hello Big Blue!
IMG_0916.jpeg
IMG_0915.jpeg
IMG_0917.jpeg
IMG_0920.jpeg

Factory equipment includes 6.2L engine, active exhaust, technology package, power sunroof, hard tonneau cover and glacier blue metallic paint.

Day two mods so far are N-Fab podium steps (factory rock sliders will be up for sale soon), Weather Tech mud flaps, shorty antenna (the factory antenna was hitting the garage door) and glass infotainment screen protector. Tomorrow I’ll be having Xpel ppf installed on the front facing painted surfaces and door edges as well.

I’m sure there will be more to come and I’m hoping to pick up lots of useful information on here!

Howdy from Oklahoma! I’ve been a very happy 2018 Colorado ZR2 owner for 5 1/2 years. I had no intention to let it go anytime soon, but happened to stop by my dealer and they had a 2024 Silverado 1500 ZR2 Bison Edition sitting there and I took a look at it. Still no intent on buying, but they made me an offer I just couldn’t resist!

So goodbye to Lil’ Blue:View attachment 8909
And hello Big Blue!
View attachment 8910View attachment 8911View attachment 8912View attachment 8913
Factory equipment includes 6.2L engine, active exhaust, technology package, power sunroof, hard tonneau cover and glacier blue metallic paint.

Day two mods so far are N-Fab podium steps (factory rock sliders will be up for sale soon), Weather Tech mud flaps, shorty antenna (the factory antenna was hitting the garage door) and glass infotainment screen protector. Tomorrow I’ll be having Xpel ppf installed on the front facing painted surfaces and door edges as well.

I’m sure there will be more to come and I’m hoping to pick up lots of useful information on here!
welcome...im thinkin Glacier Blue ZR2's may be a cult.

Wassup GLOCKTOGO! I'll see you on the OSA side LOL
XOXO SPDGUNS

If you would, give me a shout when you get ready to list your sliders. I'm trying to buy a ZR2 and if the one I get doesn't have them, I'll be interested. What dealership did you go to? I'm not having any luck in the 405. Thanks!

Wassup GLOCKTOGO! I'll see you on the OSA side LOL
XOXO SPDGUNS

If you would, give me a shout when you get ready to list your sliders. I'm trying to buy a ZR2 and if the one I get doesn't have them, I'll be interested. What dealership did you go to? I'm not having any luck in the 405. Thanks!
Hey SPD! Shockingly I got it at Classic Chevrolet in Owasso. I don’t usually think they’re all that good on price, but they were on this one. They had four ZR2’s on the lot, this one, a black one and two white ones. They were listed over $5K off msrp, plus I got a couple other discounts bundled, got what I thought was a great trade deal on my Colorado and 1.9% for 36 months.

According to the salesman, you have to finance the entire amount at 10% and carry the note 100 days before you can pay it off. I told him bye Felicia....
And he lied to you...does that surprise you??? The bank could give a $hit. If you don't hold the loan for a period of time, the dealership loses their "Commission" on the loan which is why they tell folks this...it's the BIG LIE!

According to the salesman, you have to finance the entire amount at 10% and carry the note 100 days before you can pay it off. I told him bye Felicia....
That's pretty common to have to keep the loan a while. They make money on financing, so they like to stick it to everyone. Financing adds considerable costs to a vehicle.

That's pretty common to have to keep the loan a while. They make money on financing, so they like to stick it to everyone. Financing adds considerable costs to a vehicle.
Not common at all...that's just what they want you to think.

Are we talking about the same thing??? What are you referring to as "common"?
When they write car loans, they often have early pay off penalties. I haven't financed in a long time, but they get kickbacks for writing loans.

About 5 years ago I bought a used Toyota Tacoma for my boys. They wouldn't give me price I wanted unless I financed and kept the loan for 5 years. They eventually gave me another $250 off, but wouldn't budge anymore if they didn't get their finance kickback.

When they write car loans, they often have early pay off penalties. I haven't financed in a long time, but they get kickbacks for writing loans.

About 5 years ago I bought a used Toyota Tacoma for my boys. They wouldn't give me price I wanted unless I financed and kept the loan for 5 years. They eventually gave me another $250 off, but wouldn't budge anymore if they didn't get their finance kickback.
I have never seen a car loan from a reputable bank with an early payment penalty. Yes, they do get kickbacks for writing loans as they get you a rate of, say 5% and tell you your rate is 5.75%. Very common. However, with that being said, only a shady dealer and bank would have any prepayment penalties. Maybe Joe's Used Car Lot. All you have to do is ask the finance manager to show you where it says that and they can't. However, they will "tell" you that if you do pay off early, you be hit with a penalty. SCAM!!!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back