Headlamp Assembly?

Your insurance can't go up due to the nature of occurrence. It is strictly comprehensive! It's the law...!
If you did the damage mistakenly yourself then it wouldn't be covered by your comprehensive coverage. You will have to pay your comprehensive deductible.

Your insurance can't go up due to the nature of occurrence. It is strictly comprehensive! It's the law...!
If you did the damage mistakenly yourself then it wouldn't be covered by your comprehensive coverage. You will have to pay your comprehensive deductible.
Please post said law applicable to the OP? Every State has different insurance laws and regulations.

I live in Maine and a similar occurrence happened to me and my agent told me .
My deductible was 100.00 and I had it professionally repaired.
No I don't know of all states. But a simple Google check may save you tons!
Good luck.

I live in Maine and a similar occurrence happened to me and my agent told me .
My deductible was 100.00 and I had it professionally repaired.
No I don't know of all states. But a simple Google check may save you tons!
Good luck.
Don't know about state laws, but typically comprehensive claims have a small impact depending on insurance provider. GEICO will not raise your premium over comp claims. Others may increase your premium a small amount.

I agree, equipment fixes like this are no fault and most insurance will cover it. Also many insurance companies have accident forgiveness and it also won't affect rates. One of my boys backed into a bumper on another car in parking lot when he was 17 about 4 years ago. Wasn't a lot of damage. Never affected rates. He also got a speeding ticket that hardly had any effect on rates.

The last couple years, they try to stick it to me like everyone else. Finally I said, too much, I'm done. The guy says if you want I'll write you a new policy and save you $800 every 6 months......WTF. So I canceled it, got a new one with Progressive again and kept my same excellent status. Now a year later, same games, up another $200 for this 6 month period. Time for another call.

It's a fucking racket and you can't convince me otherwise.

I agree, equipment fixes like this are no fault and most insurance will cover it. Also many insurance companies have accident forgiveness and it also won't affect rates. One of my boys backed into a bumper on another car in parking lot when he was 17 about 4 years ago. Wasn't a lot of damage. Never affected rates. He also got a speeding ticket that hardly had any effect on rates.

The last couple years, they try to stick it to me like everyone else. Finally I said, too much, I'm done. The guy says if you want I'll write you a new policy and save you $800 every 6 months......WTF. So I canceled it, got a new one with Progressive again and kept my same excellent status. Now a year later, same games, up another $200 for this 6 month period. Time for another call.

It's a fucking racket and you can't convince me otherwise.
Yeah, this is my experience and why I change insurance every 3 years or so.

Yeah, this is my experience and why I change insurance every 3 years or so.
I've seen that recommendation before. I've stuck with Progressive cause overall it's been good. They were the only ones that gave me a good price for motorcycles and sxs. Especially on stuff over 1000ccs.

I've seen that recommendation before. I've stuck with Progressive cause overall it's been good. They were the only ones that gave me a good price for motorcycles and sxs. Especially on stuff over 1000ccs.
I find home insurance to be the worst offender. But yeah, I once switched from GEICO to State Farm and I regretted it for various reasons beyond cost.

Talked my agent, said I would be good given it’s a comp claim / not the fault of my action and rates should hold.
Must not have shipped in enough illegals yet.........have to reroute some flights to KC......LOL.

It is but I’m going to pay out of pocket as they end up increasing premium to cover their “additional cost” (which in and of itself is BS but that’s how it works) and I don’t want to risk “damage” on the papertrail for this truck on reports like CarFax.

Having said that…I have zero idea on an ETA as there aren’t any in stock dealer wise across the country.
They usually only increase your premiums when there is a moving violation or a driver at fault accident. I thought I was going to get pulled over yesterday when the local FEDS hit their lights but pulled in behind a different car.

Most Member Reactions

Back