Hello from Minnesota - Snow Plow question

thietala68

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am new to this site and have a couple of questions. I currently have a 2019 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado High Country with the 6.2L and a BOSS 7'6" HTX V-Blade snowplow and Bumper Trim kit that I use to plow my driveway. I am looking at purchasing a 2022-2024 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado ZR2 to update my vehicle and gain the locking front differential available on this model. Has anyone mounted a snowplow? I would like to use my current plow. My BOSS dealer checked and the ZR2 is supported. Because of the unique front bumper and fascia of the ZR2 I do not believe the existing trim kit is an option. I believe surgery will be required on the existing fascia. Anyone willing to share pictures of their completed mount installation? I currently install/drop the plow as needed. With the BOSS mounting system it is about a 5-10min job.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I am new to this site and have a couple of questions. I currently have a 2019 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado High Country with the 6.2L and a BOSS 7'6" HTX V-Blade snowplow and Bumper Trim kit that I use to plow my driveway. I am looking at purchasing a 2022-2024 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado ZR2 to update my vehicle and gain the locking front differential available on this model. Has anyone mounted a snowplow? I would like to use my current plow. My BOSS dealer checked and the ZR2 is supported. Because of the unique front bumper and fascia of the ZR2 I do not believe the existing trim kit is an option. I bleieve surgery will be required on the existing fascia. Anyone willing to share pictures of their completed mount installation? I currently install/drop the plow as needed. With the BOSS mounting system it is about a 5-10min job.

Thanks!
I don't believe that anyone on this forum have mounted a snow plow.

Hey everyone!

I am new to this site and have a couple of questions. I currently have a 2019 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado High Country with the 6.2L and a BOSS 7'6" HTX V-Blade snowplow and Bumper Trim kit that I use to plow my driveway. I am looking at purchasing a 2022-2024 Chevrolet 1500 Silverado ZR2 to update my vehicle and gain the locking front differential available on this model. Has anyone mounted a snowplow? I would like to use my current plow. My BOSS dealer checked and the ZR2 is supported. Because of the unique front bumper and fascia of the ZR2 I do not believe the existing trim kit is an option. I bleieve surgery will be required on the existing fascia. Anyone willing to share pictures of their completed mount installation? I currently install/drop the plow as needed. With the BOSS mounting system it is about a 5-10min job.

Thanks please dont mount a plow on a ZR2.......

Attachments

• 20230618_140718.jpg
    20230618_140718.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230618_165203.jpg
    20230618_165203.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 50
If you want to run a plow, you may want to get the new 2500HD ZR2, as it has provisions for adding plows. You'll be as good as Mr. Plow!

If you want to run a plow, you may want to get the new 2500HD ZR2, as it has provisions for adding plows. You'll be as good as Mr. Plow!
Thanks

Looking for the front locking differential of the 1500 ZR2. I also have a 34 mile commute each way to work and cannot justify driving an empty 2500HD as a commuter. I can get about 21.5mpg on my commute with my 2019 1500 High Country with the 6.2L and 10 speed.

1701890112624.png

Thanks

Very helpful.

Chevrolet needs to offer the locking front diff in other models (Trail Boss?).

My 2500HD ZR2 gets better mileage than my 1500 ZR2 6.2L.

If I was gonna plow, I'd fab up a custom mount directly off the front of the frame where the tow hooks exit. That plastic cover and a portion of the bumper would be easier to modify. If you start hacking any of the other pieces it's gonna cause some issues, because they all bolt together as a system with many fasteners and clips. You'll end up with sloppy pieces that vibrate and bounce.

If you don't want to do that, I'd replace the whole lower front clip with a custom steel bumper that will accommodate the plow.

Thanks

Looking for the front locking differential of the 1500 ZR2. I also have a 34 mile commute each way to work and cannot justify driving an empty 2500HD as a commuter. I can get about 21.5mpg on my commute with my 2019 1500 High Country with the 6.2L and 10 speed.
You won't get even close to 20 with the ZR2.

Most Member Reactions

Back