quote2.PNG
    115.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Truck2.png
    Truck2.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Truck3.png
    Truck3.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 171
I ordered a second one through Costco that is loaded for $84k. The caveat being I am also still waiting for the dealer to confirm everything. I'm going to order a 3rd one from another dealer that I've gotten a couple good deals with in the past. That way I have some more room to negotiate, cause I'll have my own inventory.

I can tell you one thing, this sketchy ordering process leaves a lot to be desired.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230816_110038_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230816_110038_Gallery.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 81
I ordered a second one through Costco that is loaded for $84k. The caveat being I am also still waiting for the dealer to confirm everything. I'm going to order a 3rd one from another dealer that I've gotten a couple good deals with in the past. That way I have some more room to negotiate, cause I'll have my own inventory.

I can tell you one thing, this sketchy ordering process leaves a lot to be desired.
Wow, Axe, you don't mess around!

Wow, Axe, you don't mess around!
Apparently that's all I do, because the dealer that received the Costco order just sent me a message and said they could not access it through Costco website and wants me to build it on GM site. I still haven't got anything from dealer #1 on the first order.

I'm about to tap out of this bullshit. I have sort of convinced myself that the HD ZR2 isn't gonna be as good as building one up myself. Waiting for that midnight edition to land and may do it if I can get a decent price.

Apparently that's all I do, because the dealer that received the Costco order just sent me a message and said they could not access it through Costco website and wants me to build it on GM site. I still haven't got anything from dealer #1 on the first order.

I'm about to tap out of this bullshit. I have sort of convinced myself that the HD ZR2 isn't gonna be as good as building one up myself. Waiting for that midnight edition to land and may do it if I can get a decent price.
Did the dealer make you put a deposit because if they didn’t then they just bull shitting you. My recent order was my 4th order and they have all been great including this one. I received my quote, signed it, and put a 1k deposit then I received a start date and projected finish date.

How would they take a deposit when they can't even get the fucking order squared? I've placed two orders and haven't gotten any form of confirmation.

Dealers around here sell so many vehicles a day they couldn't give two shits about taking an order. There's always a buyer standing in line.

Last edited:
How would they take a deposit when they can't even get the fucking order squared? I've placed two orders and haven't gotten any form of confirmation.

Dealers around here sell so many vehicles a day they couldn't give two shits about taking an order. There's always a buyer standing in line.
yeah i would have to find another dealer

You guys will have 10k miles on yours before I know if my order got placed.....LOL.

There's only 14 Chevy/GMC dealers to choose from within 50 miles it wouldn't seem to be this hard. I've only bought from two of them in past.

There are a lot of LTZ, LTZ Plus, and HCs about to land according to their website inventory tonight, even more than last Friday. Two dealers already have them marked down $3k. Should be getting closer to my kind of pricing about $7-8k off.

Five midnight editions.........one of which may be my ride......I hate to admit it, but I like that package so well I might pay more.

Last edited:
Well there's 14 Chevy/GMC dealers to choose from within 50 miles it wouldn't seem to be this hard. I've only bought from two of them in past.

There are a lot of LTZ, LTZ Plus, and HCs about to land according to their website inventory. Two dealers already have them marked down $3k. Should be getting closer to my kind of pricing about $7-8k off.

Five midnight editions.........one of which may be my ride......I hate to admit it, but I like that package so well I might pay more.
I used my order form and looked at every standard option, upgraded option, and ZR2 only options and in my opinion there are enough differences between the trucks and about the same price to justify the order. The suspension for example is a ZR2 only option and 1.5 inches higher then the factory lift on the HC and Trial Boss. Also another thing i found out is any lift over 3 inches that is not factory will void warranty so at the price of these trucks i am not doing anything to void warranty. Here is the link with all the options to compare https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/N...22592&section=oi_def&page=1&pagenum=1&butID=3

Reactions: AXE
I finally got confirmation on my HD ZR2 Bison order placement and equipment. Still haven't got any firm pricing. Might be $85k, might be $95k, might be $105k...... LMFAO..... I've never seen anything like this.

Tried to get that midnight edition LTZ plus yesterday, but it was sold, so I'm back to waiting.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230818_163018_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230818_163018_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I used my order form and looked at every standard option, upgraded option, and ZR2 only options and in my opinion there are enough differences between the trucks and about the same price to justify the order. The suspension for example is a ZR2 only option and 1.5 inches higher then the factory lift on the HC and Trial Boss. Also another thing i found out is any lift over 3 inches that is not factory will void warranty so at the price of these trucks i am not doing anything to void warranty. Here is the link with all the options to compare https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/N...22592&section=oi_def&page=1&pagenum=1&butID=3
That midnight LTZ plus was $83K loaded. I offered them 78K. So say the best you could do was $80k. That Cognito 4 inch lift installed would be $8500. The rims were really nice, but you need 37s for rubber so that's $1800. Probably $90k to get a good looking rig either way.

I've lifted and tuned many vehicles and never had a warranty claim denied. The biggest wear item on lifted Chevys is the idler arm and pitman arm. Cognito makes a brace kit that will make them last close to normal.

That midnight LTZ plus was $83K loaded. I offered them 78K. So say the best you could do was $80k. That Cognito 4 inch lift installed would be $8500. The rims were really nice, but you need 37s for rubber so that's $1800. Probably $90k to get a good looking rig either way.

I've lifted and tuned many vehicles and never had a warranty claim denied. The biggest wear item on lifted Chevys is the idler arm and pitman arm. Cognito makes a brace kit that will make them last close to normal.
My cousin is a pipeline welder and he put a 4 inch lift on his truck. When he brought it in for service they asked him how high his lift is and he told them 4 inches after that they voided his warranty and showed him the policy about 3 inch lifts and that's a fact i was with him.

I finally got confirmation on my HD ZR2 Bison order placement and equipment. Still haven't got any firm pricing. Might be $85k, might be $95k, might be $105k...... LMFAO..... I've never seen anything like this.

Tried to get that midnight edition LTZ plus yesterday, but it was sold, so I'm back to waiting.
that's crazy when i ordered mine they put the price on the sheet because i had to commit to it and put a deposit prior to order.

that's crazy when i ordered mine they put the price on the sheet because i had to commit to it and put a deposit prior to order.
I only know what I was able to get on the Costco pricing and the first build sheet I did on GMs website, which was about $84k+. At that time I did not price in the Bison package, which is about $8k, so I'm guessing it will be $92-95k.

Two different dealers said they could not use the build sheets after they were emailed to them. I cannot figure out how this can be so complicated, but they sure made it that way.

I guess we'll see what next week's follies bring.

Last edited:
My cousin is a pipeline welder and he put a 4 inch lift on his truck. When he brought it in for service they asked him how high his lift is and he told them 4 inches after that they voided his warranty and showed him the policy about 3 inch lifts and that's a fact i was with him.
What was his problem? The only way they can void warranty is if they can determine the parts installed were the reason stock parts failed. A lot depends upon the dealer.

I've hardly ever had any issues on any of my trucks, except normal wear and tear. I even replaced a water pump after 100k warranty and GM gave me the new part and dealer discounted labor, which turned a $1350 job into $850.

What was his problem? The only way they can void warranty is if they can determine the parts installed were the reason stock parts failed. A lot depends upon the dealer.

I've hardly ever had any issues on any of my trucks, except normal wear and tear. I even replaced a water pump after 100k warranty and GM gave me the new part and dealer discounted labor, which turned a $1350 job into $850.
It wasn't even in for a warranty it was just in for service. He may have a case to forward to a lawyer i don't know

Getting a statement of warranty denial without a claim is total BS. It's always interesting!

Lifted trucks around here are so common that a few of the dealers will always have some in stock. I don't think that is a GM promotion, but I've never heard anyone complain of warranty issues. I just don't think lifts in general cause many problems.

Last edited:
Getting a statement of warranty denial without a claim is total BS. It's always interesting!

Lifted trucks around here are so common that a few of the dealers will always have some in stock. I don't think that is a GM promotion, but I've never heard anyone complain of warranty issues. I just don't think lifts in general cause many problems.
He is pretty mouthy and can be an a**hole so I would not be surprised if he got into it with someone at the dealership and they may have just been waiting on him to add something to his truck that they could get him with

I tried building one on Costco today and when I clicked the button to search for a dealer I got a message that said "Currently, we have not located a dealership in your area that has met our strict pricing criteria for the manufacturer you selected."

I'm buying two trucks but they will be business purchases. James w/ Moran offered to sell them to me at MSRP which was nice of him, I just figured I should be able to find a dealer closer to me (Moran is about 8 hours away) that can offer that same deal before I go that route.

Most Member Reactions

Back