Here we go again (more delays)

View attachment 1204CHEVY SILVERADO AND GMC SIERRA PRODUCTION WILL BE HALTED FOR WEEKS​

So I got an email the other day letting me know my order status has changed and is no longer on hold. Has a ETA of Dec 28... It was ordered in March and built in May. Been sitting on mp hold ever since. Yet people are getting their 2023 ZR2 orders. Production should have halted months ago IMO. Pretty silly to have 2022s waiting on parts while you are building and shipping 2023 models...

It took me 9 months to get mine. Ordered 3/4/22. Picked it up Monday 11/28.

As someone with an order with a build week of 12/5 this news is less than exciting.

So I got an email the other day letting me know my order status has changed and is no longer on hold. Has a ETA of Dec 28... It was ordered in March and built in May. Been sitting on mp hold ever since. Yet people are getting their 2023 ZR2 orders. Production should have halted months ago IMO. Pretty silly to have 2022s waiting on parts while you are building and shipping 2023 models...
I know the frustration all to well. Mine was built in June with no word on when it would be. With that being said, we got in a 2023 model siting on a lot. It was a long process to find the specs I wanted and a dealer willing to deal but it came together. I hope it does for yourself as well.

I know the frustration all to well. Mine was built in June with no word on when it would be. With that being said, we got in a 2023 model siting on a lot. It was a long process to find the specs I wanted and a dealer willing to deal but it came together. I hope it does for yourself as well.
Oh I bought a different one 3 months ago lol. I got around 5500 miles on it now. After my order was produced and then sat for a few months on MP hold in Mexico. I gave up and just found one in transit that was available. Worked out great, actually was cheaper and the dealer was only about 1.5 hours away. They reserved it for me on nothing but my word on a the phone. Called me the second it pulled onto the lot. Walked in the dealer and an hour later walked out owning it. That included a test drive. Fastest easiest vehicle purchase I've ever had. Also with the timing I got the 2.8% APR chevy was running months ago.

But since I called GM a few times I still get weekly updates on the truck I ordered. The one I originally ordered doesn't matter to me now. I do find it pretty crazy though that guys that ordered their 23 models a few months ago are getting them while my 22 ordered in March hasn't landed yet. If I were still just waiting, I'd be pretty frustrated with that. Not to mention the APR is at least double now from when I purchased mine.. JMO, but they shouldn't be shipping 23s when they have 2022 orders from March still sitting in a parking lot in mexico waiting on parts.

Oh I bought a different one 3 months ago lol. I got around 5500 miles on it now. After my order was produced and then sat for a few months on MP hold in Mexico. I gave up and just found one in transit that was available. Worked out great, actually was cheaper and the dealer was only about 1.5 hours away. They reserved it for me on nothing but my word on a the phone. Called me the second it pulled onto the lot. Walked in the dealer and an hour later walked out owning it. That included a test drive. Fastest easiest vehicle purchase I've ever had. Also with the timing I got the 2.8% APR chevy was running months ago.

But since I called GM a few times I still get weekly updates on the truck I ordered. The one I originally ordered doesn't matter to me now. I do find it pretty crazy though that guys that ordered their 23 models a few months ago are getting them while my 22 ordered in March hasn't landed yet. If I were still just waiting, I'd be pretty frustrated with that. Not to mention the APR is at least double now from when I purchased mine.. JMO, but they shouldn't be shipping 23s when they have 2022 orders from March still sitting in a parking lot in mexico waiting on parts.
I had a similar experience but had faith mine would around when there was still the opportunity to get into one with a lower interest rates was available so I passed up until this week. I found a couple in the area and wheeled and dealed back and forth. Landed in a 23 last night more equipped than my original order!

I hope yours is good to you!

I recall reading an article a month or more back about Chevrolet dropping the 6.2L in 2023. My local dealer told me that today as well. I am very interested in what the 2024 2500 HD ZR2 will be. A 6.6L gas with 10 sp Allison peaks my interest.

I recall reading an article a month or more back about Chevrolet dropping the 6.2L in 2023. My local dealer told me that today as well. I am very interested in what the 2024 2500 HD ZR2 will be. A 6.6L gas with 10 sp Allison peaks my interest.
I don't see that happening unless they have an all new V8 or Turbo V6 in the works. They will need a replacement for that engine before they kill it. They're not going to put a 2.7L or a 5.3L into the ZR2 and the 3.0L Duramax won't fit so logic says it's still going to be around for a while.

IMO, they will kill the 5.3L before the 6.2L.

I don't see that happening unless they have an all new V8 or Turbo V6 in the works. They will need a replacement for that engine before they kill it. They're not going to put a 2.7L or a 5.3L into the ZR2 and the 3.0L Duramax won't fit so logic says it's still going to be around for a while.

IMO, they will kill the 5.3L before the 6.2L.
Yeah you're not seeing many automakers dropping R&D money on introducing new big block V8s right now. CAFE is going to be a pain for light duty trucks starting in 2024.

Most Member Reactions

Back