High Mile ZR2

HarveyZR2

Reaction score
Since July 2023 I’ve driven 36k miles. 91 octane and oil changes every 5k miles. So far no issues. Occasionally the media screen will reboot other than that no issues mechanically. The tires now are making a lot of noise. I like having the off road tires cuz I do go on that occasionally trail. But I’m on the highway so much that some nice quiet tires would be nice. Any recommendations?

Since July 2023 I’ve driven 36k miles. 91 octane and oil changes every 5k miles. So far no issues. Occasionally the media screen will reboot other than that no issues mechanically. The tires now are making a lot of noise. I like having the off road tires cuz I do go on that occasionally trail. But I’m on the highway so much that some nice quiet tires would be nice. Any recommendations?
pirelli's???

Nitto Ridge Grapplers or Toyo AT3 from what I have read. I am at 34k. Also, there is an software update for the radio. Dealer has to perform it!

If you want an aggressive looking tire that doesn’t make noise I've had good luck with Toyo MTs and Trail RTs. They will get noisier toward the end of the tire life, say last 5k miles. The AT3s might be a better choice for highway miles, as they are less aggressive, but still look good. They generally cost the most per tire.

Falken Wildpeak AT3s is also a very good tire. I didn't get to run them for the entire life, but for the money they were a very good tire for the 20k miles I had them on a Tacoma (hardly any wear) . Also look good on an "offroad" truck. Also rated for snow. I feel like these might be the best value in an AT tire.

Last edited:
I personally have had great luck with the BFG KO2's but I would rotate them at each oil change. Helps keep the tread even throughout the lifecycle. Doesn't matter the tire brand, the bigger the lug the more important frequent tire rotations are.

Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT

If you want an aggressive looking tire that doesn’t make noise I've had good luck with Toyo MTs and Trail RTs. They will get noisier toward the end of the tire life, say last 5k miles. The AT3s might be a better choice for highway miles, as they are less aggressive, but still look good. They generally cost the most per tire.

Falken Wildpeak AT3s is also a very good tire. I didn't get to run them for the entire life, but for the money they were a very good tire for the 20k miles I had them on a Tacoma (hardly any wear) . Also look good on an "offroad" truck. Also rated for snow. I feel like these might be the best value in an AT tire.
I had wild peaks on my Tacoma as well. The road noise came towards the end of life.

I personally have had great luck with the BFG KO2's but I would rotate them at each oil change. Helps keep the tread even throughout the lifecycle. Doesn't matter the tire brand, the bigger the lug the more important frequent tire rotations are.
I had KO2's on my previous truck. Great tire but they aren't cheap.

Nitto Ridge Grapplers or Toyo AT3 from what I have read. I am at 34k. Also, there is an software update for the radio. Dealer has to perform it!
What's the software update? Is it year specific or is it for all? I have a 22.

Reactions: AXE
I had wild peaks on my Tacoma as well. The road noise came towards the end of life.
Yep, I think these heavy lugged offroad tires have soft compound and sound good until 35-40k. Then it's downhill.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back