Howdy from Colorado

billy_z_bison

Reaction score
New to american made, new to chevy, new to trucks. Have loved everyday of the last two weeks of ownership.

Picked up a ZR2 Bison a couple weeks ago, the dealership provided a pre-pickup detail and within 36 hours I had put the detail to good use.
IMG_3737.JPG
IMG_3734.JPG

Everyone it seems has an ig account for their trucks, welp, I do too, but I wanted to be more creative than just photos. I'm sharing artistic creations from my photos at @billy_z_bison on IG such as
FPTO5042.JPG
HIRT5010.PNG
TTPN7359.JPG

Happy to take requests or suggestions, just doing this for fun!

Plans for the truck:

I'm hitting utah in June
Montana and Oregon in July
Eastern California end of july
Southwest august
then maybe back to utah or possibly colorado, unknown.

Build plans:
I'm getting a smartcap delivered today, which I will be side-mounting bikes.
I've been working in the evenings on a custom drawer/storage system with progress seen below
IMG_3913.JPG

can see the space for drawers out the tailgate
pocket compartments on the right and left rear
no idea what to do with the wheel housing space, it's so awkward
and at the cab side are two spaces for hinged access

IMG_3977.JPG

drawers in

IMG_3978.JPG

top surface getting placed as of last night
The flimsy sheet in the center is a map I burned last year of all the roads I have driven over the last 12 years of living west of the Mississippi
IMG_3979.JPG

burned lines are roads covered
dots are roads not yet driven
My plan is to shape it a bit more around the border so it's not a rectangle, then feather the edges down into the top surface

Looking forward to connecting with everyone! Shoot me a follow on IG as I'll be posting there frequently from the road

New to american made, new to chevy, new to trucks. Have loved everyday of the last two weeks of ownership.

Picked up a ZR2 Bison a couple weeks ago, the dealership provided a pre-pickup detail and within 36 hours I had put the detail to good use.
View attachment 12693View attachment 12694

Everyone it seems has an ig account for their trucks, welp, I do too, but I wanted to be more creative than just photos. I'm sharing artistic creations from my photos at @billy_z_bison on IG such as
View attachment 12695View attachment 12696View attachment 12697

Happy to take requests or suggestions, just doing this for fun!

Plans for the truck:

I'm hitting utah in June
Montana and Oregon in July
Eastern California end of july
Southwest august
then maybe back to utah or possibly colorado, unknown.

Build plans:
I'm getting a smartcap delivered today, which I will be side-mounting bikes.
I've been working in the evenings on a custom drawer/storage system with progress seen below
View attachment 12698
can see the space for drawers out the tailgate
pocket compartments on the right and left rear
no idea what to do with the wheel housing space, it's so awkward
and at the cab side are two spaces for hinged access

View attachment 12699
drawers in

View attachment 12700
top surface getting placed as of last night
The flimsy sheet in the center is a map I burned last year of all the roads I have driven over the last 12 years of living west of the Mississippi
View attachment 12701
burned lines are roads covered
dots are roads not yet driven
My plan is to shape it a bit more around the border so it's not a rectangle, then feather the edges down into the top surface

Looking forward to connecting with everyone! Shoot me a follow on IG as I'll be posting there frequently from the road
Welcome. Your project looks good. 😀. Sounds like great adventures in store. Enjoy your new ZR2.

Welcome! That looks like some great mods your doing. Really like that trail map, you've definitely covered some ground. I appreciate all the hard work to pull off something unique and functional. Looking forward to seeing more.

Welcome Sire!

Sorry to see you bought from Fowler. Jk

That looks like the Switzerland trail. We are going to hit it this weekend with a friend.

Welcome Sire!

Sorry to see you bought from Fowler. Jk

That looks like the Switzerland trail. We are going to hit it this weekend with a friend.
Nice eye! yes, it is switzerland trail south of the turnaround north of sugarloaf. Definitely hit that extension, it's some of the best whoops, and had some solid puddles to blast through.

There are a few washouts where the bison was a touch too wide to relax my sphincter.

Lol on buying from fowler, emich matched them, then they beat emich's and I ended up with a bison near zr2 standard price. Tough to refuse that.

but the paper work process was a hot mess of missed fields duplicate signings, less than organized.

1000030846.jpg

We were there in January. Awsome views. There was a washout then that made the brown eye (not the one that winks but the one that stinks) pucker a bit. I imagine its gotten worse.

2 weeks ago we hit Boulder County Road 68J that flexed the suspension pretty good and molested the rocksliders a bit towards the beginning of the trail.

I bought a 2020 Silverado from them. Salesman was great but finance not so great, but for the deal you got I don't blame you 😂

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back